Chapter 8

The next morning, XiChen woke up at 5am as usual. He took his time observing and admiring Jiang Cheng, caressing his face and engraving each features in his memory.

Jiang Cheng opened his eyes to a white robe and when he looked up, he saw XiChen smiling gently at him. "Good morning" XiChen greeted as he kissed Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng blushed and looked down "Morning..." XiChen smiled at Jiang Cheng's shyness. After a moment of comfortable silence, Jiang Cheng asked "Lan Huan... are you... returning to Cloud Recesses today?"

XiChen tilt Jiang Cheng's face up as they made eye contact. "No, I'll stay here as long as you want. My whole life is fine too"

Jiang Cheng blushed and smacked XiChen's shoulder "Master Lan will come here and kill me then drag you back. You better return by yourself."

"I won't let Uncle do that. Besides, he gave me a week" XiChen said with a wide smile. Jiang Cheng looked at him and pushed XiChen down as he climbed on top of XiChen.

Jiang Cheng pressed his lips against XiChen's lips, his face as red as a tomato. Jiang Cheng then got up and before XiChen could say anything, Jiang Cheng had left the room.

XiChen shook his head as he smiled while looking at the door. He is falling in love with Jiang Cheng even more, even harder.

Meanwhile, Jiang Cheng was outside and asked his disciples to warm up by running 50 rounds around the training field. He was embarrassed by what he have done, but he was glad he did it.

When the disciples are done, they gathered, panting heavily. Some of them were laying on the ground, some leaning against the tree, some complaining and some chugging water down their throats.

Jiang Cheng sighed and shook his head. When he competed with Wei Ying, he easily ran over 80 rounds, though Wei Ying ran more than 100 rounds.

Just then, Jiang Cheng saw his disciples's eyes lit up and frowned as he looked behind him. His disciples immediately got up and greeted "Zewu Jun!"

XiChen smiled at them and walked to Jiang Cheng. "WanYin, did you make them run 40 rounds again?" Jiang Cheng frowned harder "The standard is really dropping! 50 rounds is nothing!"

XiChen looked behind Jiang Cheng and chuckled as he saw the disciples looking at him with pleading eyes. XiChen then leaned in to Jiang Cheng's ear and whispered "WanYin, how about we go on a date?"

"W-What?!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed as he took a step back, blushing. XiChen smiled and held Jiang Cheng's hand "Let's go on a date in Yunmeng"

Jiang Cheng looked to the side "I'm not so free till I have time for dates?" XiChen looked at him with a pout "So you don't want to go on a date with me?"

"I didn't say that!" Jiang Cheng said, then immediately pretended as if he said nothing. XiChen smiled and pulled Jiang Cheng "Alright alright, let's go for a date"

Jiang Cheng blushed as he willingly got dragged then remembered his disciples. He turned around and shouted "Practice your swordsmanship! Do training like usual!" before he disappeared past a corner.

Jiang Cheng and Lan XiChen roamed the streets, trying food here and there, buying things they liked. XiChen would hold Jiang Cheng's hand and Jiang Cheng would smack it away but after a few times, Jiang Cheng let XiChen hold his hand.

They enjoyed their date and time passed by quickly. Before they knew it, it was already time for dinner. Lan XiChen ordered a few dishes and tea and wine. Jiang Cheng was surprised as the dishes were his favourites.

While eating, Jiang Cheng wanted to take the chance to properly tell Lan XiChen how he feels again. He gulped down a few cups of wine and grabbed XiChen's attention.

"Lan Huan, I... I have admired and respected you since we first met. Those feelings... grew overtime. I didn't say I like you just because you said you like me. I have... liked you for some time already." Jiang Cheng seriously said.

XiChen had an obviously surprised look at this sudden confession. Jiang Cheng raised his brows as he said "I'm saying I love you." Jiang Cheng then hurriedly took another cup of wine. Before he could swallow it, his mouth was forced open...

The wine flowed from Jiang Cheng's mouth to XiChen's as XiChen cupped Jiang Cheng's face while giving him a deep and passionate kiss. Jiang Cheng's face turned extremely red as he pushed XiChen away.

Many people in the restaurant had their eyes on the couple. XiChen gave Jiang Cheng a very bright smile as he tasted Jiang Cheng's sweet lips and the wine. Lan XiChen stood up, making Jiang Cheng frown.

"Lan Huan, what are you doi-" Jiang Cheng asked but was interrupted by Lan XiChen, who gave a bright smile while shouting "JIANG WANYIN! I HAVE LIKED YOU FOR A LONG TIME TOO! I LOVE YOU! I REALLY DO!"

Jiang Cheng blushed as all attention were on them. He dragged XiChen out as he regretted saying what he did in the restaurant. He should have done it when they were alone.

XiChen had his arm wrapped around Jiang Cheng, declaring to everyone that he loves Jiang Cheng and Jiang Cheng loves him too.

Jiang Cheng hurriedly brought XiChen away from the streets and crowded area, into an alley. He then looked at XiChen "Lan Huan! What were you doing?! If only I had your clan's silencing spell."

XiChen laughed as he grabbed both of Jiang Cheng's shoulders. "Hehe, you know, WanYin loves me. He really does. I love WanYin too" Jiang Cheng blushed as he whispered "I know"

XiChen smiled and kissed Jiang Cheng, who returned it. Jiang Cheng broke away as he asked "Now what should we do?"

XiChen only giggled as he repeated "WanYin loves me and I love him. We love each other" Jiang Cheng then frowned. "Lan Huan, are you drunk?!"

XiChen smiled "WanYin, I love you" Jiang Cheng sighed as he just confirmed that XiChen is drunk. "Lan Huan... you only drank a mouthful of wine..."

XiChen kissed Jiang Cheng again. Jiang Cheng barely managed to pull away minutes later. "Lan Huan, you're so bad when you're drunk..."

XiChen looked at him and smiled "Does WanYin love bad XiChen or good XiChen?" Jiang Cheng raised his brows as he figured out how to bring himself less trouble.

Jiang Cheng crossed his arms and looked away "I only love good Lan Huan." XiChen pouted as he tugged Jiang Cheng's arm "I am good Lan Huan. You love me right?"

Jiang Cheng turned to XiChen "You are good if you listen to me and stop shouting" XiChen immediately nodded his head and smiled "XiChen is good. You love me?"

Jiang Cheng smiled a little "Lan Huan, I love you. Now when we go out you cannot shout and cling on me okay?" XiChen nodded his head furiously.

Jiang Cheng walked out but was stopped by a tug on his sleeve. He turned to look at a pouting XiChen. Jiang Cheng raised his brows "What's wrong?"

"Can we hold hands?" XiChen asked, making Jiang Cheng smile. Jiang Cheng held XiChen's hands as they walked out, with XiChen smiling happily.

Getting back to Lotus Pier wasn't that hard. Though XiChen started to get clingier, tried to blow Liebing for Jiang Cheng to listen and pointed Shuoyue (his sword) at people while telling them not to go near Jiang Cheng, all Jiang Cheng had to say was "You're not a good boy" and XiChen would become obedient again.

Jiang Cheng brought XiChen to his guest room but XiChen refused to go in. XiChen pouted and whined "I want to sleep with you"