Chapter 12

After their lunch, XiChen took a walk with Jiang Cheng. They stopped outside XiChen's room. "Hold on" XiChen said and ran inside, then came out shortly after.

XiChen held Jiang Cheng's hand and brought him to the back mountain. Jiang Cheng looked around and asked "What are we doing here?"

XiChen looked at Jiang Cheng "When I was young, I made a promise with Wangji. When we find the person we want to live with forever and get together, we will come here with them."

XiChen brought out two daggers and continued "It's a challenge. See who can carve their couple names here the most times in a specific time limit."

Jiang Cheng raised his brows as XiChen continued with a chuckle "It might seem childish as I said it just to cheer Wangji up. However, now that I'm with you, I do want a place where I can carve our names till I am satisfied."

Jiang Cheng smiled a little hearing that. Just then, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan came from behind. "Lan Zhan~ you go carve and I'll cheer you on from behind, alright?"

Lan Zhan stopped and looked at Wei Ying. He cupped Wei Ying's cheeks and squished them together, then kissed him deeply. Lan Zhan then held Wei Ying's hand "Together"

Wei Ying blushed and was so captivated by Lan Zhan that he simply nodded his head. XiChen smiled at them "Wangji, why not we change it up a little?"

Seeing Wangji's questioning eyes, XiChen continued "Let's just pick an area as our territory and the area is represented by the trees we carved"

"Like how a dog mark it's territory..." Jiang Cheng commented, to which Wei Ying jumped. "Think of a better way to put it, stupid!"

Jiang Cheng clenched his fist "Wei WuXian, do you want to die?!" Wei Ying simply stuck out his tongue as he used Lan Zhan as his shield.

Lan Zhan nodded his head and replied "Mn" Wei Ying immediately dragged Lan Zhan away, excited at the idea of finding their territory.

XiChen smiled as he held Jiang Cheng's hand and they went off to find their territory. Jiang Cheng brought XiChen to an area near the mountain above the waterfall.

"Here" Jiang Cheng said as he took a dagger from XiChen. XiChen watched him and curiously asked "Why here?"

Jiang Cheng glanced at him then bkushed while carving the tree. "When we were studying here, there was one night I couldn't sleep. I walked to this area and heard your flute sound and followed it."

"That's when you fell for me?" XiChen said happily and excitedly. "Shut up" Jiang Cheng blushed harder "Recently when we had discussions and all those we often came here together too. So here"

XiChen smiled widely and hugged Jiang Cheng "Jiang Cheng, I love you" Jiang Cheng blushed harder "Aren't you going to carve our names?"

XiChen looked at Jiang Cheng's carving and said "Wait Wait! Add a G!" Jiang Cheng frowned "Why? Your name has no G"

XiChen smiled as he added the G. "XiCheng. That's our couple name. XiCheng. Sounds nice right?"

"Sounds like someone saying your name wrongly..." Jiang Cheng mumbled but he liked it. XiCheng.

"You want to change it?" XiChen asked. Jiang Cheng looked at him and said "No... I like it" then he turned and sprint.

However, he was already caught in a hug. Jiang Cheng was wondering how XiChen reacted so quickly when XiChen grinned "I had a feeling you were gonna run away"

Jiang Cheng blushed "Carve the trees..." XiChen released Jiang Cheng "Yes, my wife! I'm working on it now!"

Jiang Cheng simply smiled seeing XiChen carving their couple name on the next tree. Meanwhile, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan had reached the top of the mountain.

"Lan Zhan, since we're going to build our mini hut here, we need to mark this as our territory!" Wei Ying giggled. Lan Zhan smiled and nodded his head "Mn"

After some time, there was a sudden tension in the air. "Jiang Cheng! What are you doing here?!"

Jiang Cheng furrowed his brows "Wei WuXian! Why are you here?! This is my territory!" Wei Ying was alert "No! This is mine!"

The two stared at each other and at the same time, broke off the contact and hurriedly carved names. Both called their man over to hurry and carve more.

There was a last tree in the middle and Jiang Cheng reached first. However, Wei Ying ran and clung on it before Jiang Cheng could start carving.

Both refused to let go till XiChen walked over laughing. "We can let this tree be the line between our two territories."

Lan Zhan nodded, making Wei Ying get off. XiChen then walked up and carved "Peace" Wei Ying was satisfied seeing that and pulled Lan Zhan "Come! We have other places to carve!"

XiChen smiled at Jiang Cheng "Us too. Let's go" XiChen brought Jiang Cheng to an area behind the back mountains.

Seeing Jiang Cheng's puzzled and curious expression, XiChen explained "I once got lost here and from then, it became something like my secret base. When I feel very upset or very happy or very frustrated, I come here.

It's already an area no one else would come to but I would like to make this our secret base. WanYin, if we ever fight again and you don't want to see me, come here okay?

I will give you the space you need but I hope you never disappear okay? At least I will know you are safe here."

Jiang Cheng looked at XiChen "Why would I come here after our fight? I'll be at Yunmeng! But... I will say those words right back to you. Don't you dare disappear on me and if I can't find you anywhere you better be here."

XiChen smiled and nodded his head "WanYin, I really love you" Jiang Cheng walked away and started carving "I love you too, Huan."

XiChen immediately ran up to him "Say that again!" Jiang Cheng shyly said "I... I love you" XiChen nodded his head in expectation "and call my name! My name!"

Jiang Cheng blushed and looked away "... H-Huan..." XiChen smiled widely and pounced on Jiang Cheng "Again!"

"H-Huan..." XiChen kissed Jiang Cheng's lips "Again!!" "Huan..." Another kiss from XiChen "One more time!" "Huan" Another kiss from XiChen "One more! Say it again!" "Huan"

XiChen kept kissing Jiang Cheng while Jiang Cheng kept repeating Huan. "WanYin, I like the way you call me" XiChen said in between a deep kiss which he resumed immediately after.

Jiang Cheng blushed "Huan..." XiChen smiled "Mn, Huan sounds better and closer than Lan Huan" XiChen then kissed Jiang Cheng again as they started making out.