Chapter 5

Jiang Cheng's face was red, but he was also wondering if it was true or not. Jiang Cheng continued walking without turning back, making XiChen panick.

XiChen immediately ran in front of Jiang Cheng. "WanYin! I like you! I really do!" Jiang Cheng looked at XiChen "Then what about Jin GuangYao?"

"A-Yao is just a brother!" XiChen immediately replied. However, Jiang Cheng frowned the moment XiChen said "A-Yao" amd ZiDian let out a spark.

Jiang Cheng wanted to continue walking away but XiChen stopped in front of him. "WanYin, what's wrong?"

"I don't think you see him as just a brother" Jiang Cheng said, without looking at XiChen. "What do I do to make you believe me?" XiChen asked, feeling a little desperate.

Jiang Cheng looked at him then turned away "You always call him A-Yao A-Yao. It's always A-Yao! Did you not realise that you're always calling him so intimately?!"

Jiang Cheng ran away before XiChen could do anything. XiChen slumped against the tree in defeat.

The banquet was held after and Gusu Lan Sect happened to be sitting opposite Yunmeng Jiang Sect. Lan XiChen kept looking at Jiang Cheng but Jiang Cheng never looked at him.

Nie HuaiSang then stood up and held a cup in his hand "Congratulations Yunmeng Jiang Sect, Gusu Lan Sect and Lanling Jin Sect for coming in the top 3!"

The other sects clapped. The banquet then started as they interacted and talked about all sorts of things, other than Gusu Lan Sect who had a rule to not talk while eating.

(Except for Wei Ying who could not hlep but talk to Lan Zhan and Lan Zhan who replied Wei Ying.)

The banquet just ended when Nie HuaiSang spoke. "Jiang Xiong, many of the sect leaders came to me and asked me to propose something for all of them."

Lan XiChen had a bad feeling while Jiang Cheng stood up and bowed "Go ahead, Nie Xiong." Nie HuaiSang flipped his fan open and fanned himself "Well, they think it's time for you to settle down"

Jiang Cheng raised his brows as he turned to look at the other sects. Many of them started standing up and bowed, recommending their daughters or sisters.

Lan XiChen frowned as he stared at Jiang Cheng. He felt very upset and a little angry when Jiang Cheng politely smiled and replied to them "I'll consider it. Thank you."

Lan XiChen didn't even realise he was clenching his fist tightly till Wei Ying whispered to him "Brother-in-law, your hand is bleeding"

Lan XiChen looked down and then smiled at Wei Ying and Lan Zhan. "It's fine, don't worry." Lan XiChen stood up and left the banquet. Only then did Jiang Cheng secretly glance at XiChen's back.

Lan XiChen immediately flew back to Cloud Recesses and went to the Cold Spring to clear his mind. Many times he felt like smashing the whole place but he held it in.

Why? Is it because WanYin is still in love with Wen Qing? Or is it because he can't stand A-Yao so much that he does not wish to hang out with his sworn brother? But we got along fine, didn't we?

Lan XiChen sighed as he got out of the Cold Spring after he calmed himself down. He made a decision. Since he has already confessed, he should just go all out.

The next week, Nie HuaiSang held a gathering as it was his birthday.

During the week, Jiang Cheng had been reviewing the potential candidates in his free time, though he didn't particularly like any. He thought about XiChen and his words but sighed and shook it off.

At the gathering, there were two main characters. Nie HuaiSang the birthday boy and Jiang Cheng the wanted man.

As many sect leaders were crowding around Jiang Cheng, Lan XiChen stood up and cleared his throat for attention. "Sect Leader Jiang, Gusu Lan Sect would also like to propose someone."

Lan QiRen raised his brows as he had never heard of it. Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan and giggled. Jiang Cheng frowned a little, not happy that Lan XiChen, the man who confessed to him, was going to propose someone.

Many of the other sects frowned as Gusu Lan Sect is one of the top 4 sects and hence had a higher chance but some still held hope. Jiang Cheng reluctantly nodded his head "Go ahead"

Lan XiChen smiled and walked forward. "This person really likes you a lot. Ever since he (In chinese, he or she is said as 'ta', so male or female isn't identified) saw you, he felt an attraction to you.

He finds your mischevious side cute and he knows that your harsh words carries caring meanings. He liked you for a long time but always felt hesitant since you seem to have someone who have caught your heart.

Since everyone is proposing, he would like to ask for your hand in marriage too. WanYin, I have liked you for a long time. Will you marry me? Are you willing to take me as your husband?"

Jiang Cheng was blushing. Was it real? He said it in front of everbody? "Then what is Jin GuangYao to you? You even went into seclusion for that bastard!"

Lan XiChen stepped forward "WanYin, I already told you A-... LianFang Zun is a brother to me. Besides, who said I went into seclusion for him! I never did!

I recently found out about the rumour and would like to clarify. On the day of WangJi and brother-in-law's wedding, what I said was the truth. I really like you!

However, I didn't receive any reply and I heard you that you told brother-in-law that you don't like me that way. Hence, I was feeling lost and unfocused.

Uncle suggested I clear my mind before I lead the sect into destruction so I agreed and went into seclusion to clear my mind. It had nothing to do with A-... LianFang Zun.

You said that the way I call LianFang Zun is too intimate. I won't call him or anyone like that anymore! The connection I felt with you is way stronger than that of my sworn brothers!"

Everyone was in a shock listening to Lan XiChen. Lan QiRen was stucked between being shocked, embarrassed and angry. Jiang Cheng didn't know what to do so he decided to run out.

Wei Ying immediately stood up. "Brother-in-law, chase after him!" He received a glare from Lan QiRen but Lan Zhan held Wei Ying's waist closer to him.

Lan XiChen nodded and immediately ran after Jiang Cheng, leaving the rest in shock. Nie HuaiSang smiled behind his fan which covered half his face.