The Ring

Ryo shot up. The ring in her eyes were glowing in the dark. Hiccup was still asleep. Oh, why had he gone to sleep.

Ryo knew why he was there. She actually needed him at the moment. She was happy, but she was terrified. She didn't want him there. Ryo wanted him out of her life.

"I told you to stay out of my life." Ryo said into the forest.

A bird had chirped in the distance. It must have flown in. It would be devoured soon. Ryo looked around.

"I know you're there!" Ryo shouted. She immediately regretted it and look to Hiccup. He hadn't moved.

She let out a breath, then turned back to the brush.

"Come out! Stop being the coward you are!"

A shadowy figure stepped from behind a tree. He inched forward.

"I told you to stay out of my life. You can't keep controlling me!" Ryo said.

"And I told you to kill the boy. Looks like we were both disappointed." They said.

Ryo looked to Hiccup again. She turned back. "Come into the light."

The figure stepped out.

It was Drago.

His scars were even more intact, and his arm was a little rusted from when he was plummeted underwater by Toothless. He was trying to tinker it back to its original form, but it was a slow process considering he only had one hand.

Drago walked to Hiccup. He squinted at him, and crinkled his nose.

"He's asleep. Kill him, or I will." He said.

"No!" Ryo outstretched her hands. Hiccup rolled over to face her.

Drago stared at her. Then he looked down to Hiccup. He laughed.

"I know what's going on." Drago chuckled.

Ryo drew back her hands.

"My dear Ryo, has fallen in love."

"No, I haven't." She said.

"Yes you have. I see the way you look at him. Yes, I was there the entire time. You love him." Drago snickered.

"No I haven't!" She stomped her foot. Hiccup didn't move. Ryo was amazed he could sleep through all this.

"Than end him!" He said.

Ryo breathed heavily.

"I command you to do so." Drago said. He swung his staff.

Ryo couldn't resist. Her eyes focused on the staff. The blue ring expanded into her eye, and the black had almost disappeared. She turned and rubbed her eyes.

"But... Master." She whispered. She acted as though she was under his control. "You wouldn't want to take your enemy down like this, would you?" Her hand waved to Hiccup, who slept silently.

Drago looked to Hiccup.

"That would be dishonorable. Please, let me kill him when he is aware. I assure you, that would please you more." The blue in Ryo's eyes shrunk back to small rings.

"Fine." She sniffed. "I shall be watching." He started to walk.

"Wait!" Ryo said.

Drago turned around.

She held up her hand. "Please, it's not holding out much more. I need another dose."

"Why should I give it to you?" He asked.

"I can't fulfill my mission of he knows. He must be unaware." The back of Ryo dress began to loosen.

Drago was silent.

"Please." She swallowed hard.

"Fine." He fished a vile filled with a green liquid inside out of his pocket. Drago tossed it to Ryo, who almost dropped it. She gulped it down.

Her hand was perfect again, and her dress was restored.

"That was my last vile." Drago said. "This had better work." With that, Drago had disappeared into the brush.

Ryo was left alone. Besides Hiccup.

She turned back to him. He was still sleeping. Her mouth opened to form words but they never left the back of her throat. Ryo choked on her words. She couldn't think of waking him.

Maybe she liked him.

Maybe she didn't.

She did.

But she didn't.

Yes.

No.

Ryo put her thoughts to rest. She crawled to the ground. Her mind was swarming her thoughts. It was brimming with the conversation she had with the Nadder. It had said she was lucky. But she assured him, he was not hers.

Never.

He never would be.

She closed her eyes, and reluctantly fell asleep.