Messengers

Berk was in ruins.

Buildings were engulfed in flames, dragons ran loose in the village, people were being imprisoned. It was chaos.

Where was Hiccup. Oh where, where, where the heck had Hiccup gone?!

These questions were swarming everyone's head. Especially Astrid's. She was temporarily in charge with Fishlegs. Except he was captured. So she was in charge.

She was trying to help the younger people into the Whispering Death holes beneath Berk.

Ever since the Whispering Deaths hatched and almost destroyed Berk, these tunnels were practically useless. Now that Hiccup was chief, he had an idea. The idea was to use the tunnels as shelter, incase the village was ever under attack, as it is now. It offered safe protection.

Snotlout and Tuffnut were trying to distract the Bewilderbeast. They were both on Monstrous Nightmares. Ruffnut was busy using Barf and Belch to help carry pails of water. They were trying to put out the flames that engulfed Berk. Gothi was down below with the children and elderly, and Gobber was fighting the Bewilderbeast.

Astrid was getting worried. Hiccup was Thor knows where, and Drago was back. Oh, why was he back?!

Astrid lifted the last child in Berk into the hole. They latched onto the ladder and climbed down to Gothi. Astrid sealed the hole. Now it was her turn to fight.

Astrid ran to her house. Or at least towards her house. A Raincutter had flown down and blocked her path. It was a stare down.

She held out her hand. The dragon swiped her wing towards Astrid. She ducked and ran past it. It followed her and had almost caught her, until Astrid brought out Stormfly.

Stormfly scared the dragon off. Astrid climbed on her back and flew up to the Bewilderbeast.

Drago was on top of the Bewilderbeast. Stormfly had flown Astrid up to its head. She jumped off and drew her axe.

Drago turned around. He smiled.

"I'm not afraid of you." She said, staring him down.

Drago called on a dragon. It was a Gronckle who wasn't as loving as Meatlug. It tried to knock her off the beast but she dodged him just in time. It accidentally lost balance and control and flew into the water.

Astrid turned back to Drago.

"I know what you're worried about." He said.

"What are you talking about." Astrid growled. She ran towards him in an effort to push him off. It failed. He somehow had changed her course and ran directly back to where she had come from.

"Hiccup, you insolent girl."

"Hiccup." She breathed. "What do you know about him, you rat! What did you do!"

"Oh nothing really, he merely killed himself." He smiled.

"He would never do that."

"But he did. He fell in love with a girl. She died, and he wanted to be with her." Drago stepped forward.

"You're LYING!" She yelled. She ran forward.

Drago had blocked her axe, and he was holding her at bay. "He told me to tell you he loved you."

"What." Astrid's eyes widened. He saw her weakness and pushed her over the edge of the Bewilderbeast's head. She fell.

Her axe was gone. It was now deep in the water. She was still falling. But she wasn't for long.

A black figure had swept below her. It caught her.

Her eyes were still closed. Astrid opened them to see a scaly figure. It was Toothless. She looked to the driver.

They turned back to talk to her. "Morning, M'Lady." They said.

"Hiccup!" She said.

"Don't mean to rush things but this is your stop." Something grabbed her by her shoulders. It was in an instant. It was a bumpy ride, whatever it was that had her, and it soon placed her on the ground.

Once Astrid was on the ground, she looked to Toothless. A small flying, thing was racing next to Toothless. It soon stopped and landed onto the back with Hiccup. The three made their way to Drago.

Astrid mouthed "what the" just as Stoick had when he first saw Hiccup and the others rising dragons into battle. It didn't make sense. What was that?! And why was it with Hiccup?!

Astrid intended to find out. Just as soon as she found Stormfly.

• • •

Meanwhile, Ryo had just finished placing a girl onto the ground. It apparently was a friend of Hiccup's. She was happy to help, but still confused.

Ryo landed with a thud onto Toothless' back. She clung tightly the Hiccup, who was used to her tight grip by now.

"How is she?" Hiccup asked. His voice was muffled by his helmet.

Ryo looked back to the mysterious girl, who was now running away. "Good," she said. "Who was she?"

Hiccup coughed. "Um, a friend."

"Hm." Ryo crinkled her nose. It was a habit. She looked forward to see a Hideous Zippleback and a Deadly Nadder aiming for them.

"Um.... RYO!" He yelled.

"Got it!" She reluctantly let go of Hiccup and spread her hands out. She then flung them together. The two dragons immediately banged into each other above them.

"I'm really starting to love that gift!" He said. She held back on.

"So am I!" She laughed. They were circling the head of the Bewilderbeast. It was annoying the dragon. That's the way Hiccup liked it.

He landed onto its back. Ryo flung herself off and ran to the head. Hiccup tried to follow. He couldn't keep up. After all, she was a dragon.

Her hair and dress flew with in the wind. Her priority wasn't on the dress or braid that whipped her in the face. Her priority was set.

Ryo was after Drago.