5

"I hate Thanksgiving," Shu muttered, driving Phi's beat-up truck and neatly parking it. "You always have to pretend to be happy."

"I agree with you, pretty boy~" Hartes laughed. "Happy stuff is boring unless I get presents."

Suoh frowned in the passenger seat. He turned to Shu, gold eyes closed. "So why are we at the store?"

The albino sighed, tucking his hair behind his ears. It had grown much longer in just a few weeks and was getting kind of annoying. He'd have to cut it at some point. "Because Valt likes Thanksgiving and wants spaghetti. So I'm going to make him spaghetti."

Phi got out of the truck. "Are you his lover?" he questioned with surprising sincerity. That scared Shu. The bastard was never sincere about anything. So he did what he would with everything about Phi that made him nervous.

He ghosted up behind him and put a finger to his throat. "I will end you," Shu warned. The albino stepped away, then started for the store with everyone else in tow. "Besides, he's not my lover. Not... yet." Shu blushed on the last word. In truth, he wanted Valt much more than he let on, but the albino wasn't going to force him into anything. He would wait until Valt wanted to, and fully planned to take away his innocence. Shu was going to give his boyfriend the best night of his life. Too bad at even fifteen, Valt had no idea kissing even existed. The beautiful smol bean was too good for this wo-

"Um, earth to thicc boi?"

Shu swivled around with a snarl. "Who the hell said that?"

Hartes smirked. "What do you know, it did work!" He grinned maliciously. "So, we all know you love Valt. When do you plan to eat di-"

"When do you plan to admit you fucked your brother?" he cut in before the shithead could continue. Both Hartes and Phi turned redder than his eyes.

"F-for the last time, it was an accident! I was drunk and thought he was a girl!" he protested. An old lady turned to stare at them, and Shu gave her an apologetic smile, then turned to Phi with a smirk.

"But you weren't."

Phi ignored him, instead going over to the manga displayed on nearby shelves.

He facepalmed. "Forget it." Shu shook his head. The Albino Squad made it hard to get his brain back on track. Between Super Smash Bros. contests, Hartes trashing his place when he got drunk, and Phi's obnoxious obsession with Queens, it made it hard to get any sleep. "Hartes, go get turkey. Suoh, kill that lady over there for her cart. She creeps me out. Phi.. I don't know, what can you do?"

Aiger entered the store, flipped the bird at Phi, and gave the peace sign to Shu before wandering off to the ice cream section. His sister, Naru, ran in after him, gasping for breath. "I told him... hide and seek was... just outside!" She took another breath, then ran in the other direction.

"Well, I can psychologically fuck people with my mind powers~" Phi flipped his hair when Shu glared. He pouted. "Aww, you mean you've never wanted to before? Liar~"

He had no patience for this right now. Heat had been burning up his back since he got out of the truck, and his arms gave a sudden jerk. The back of his neck stung with sweat. "Yeah... go get bread. On the other side of the store. I'm going to-"

"Done!"

He turned around and suddenly had the urge to jump off of a building. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HOLDING AIGER? I SAID TURKEY!"

"Oh," Hartes said, smiling while Aiger bit him. He was holding the hot-tempered blader by the knees, and for anyone else this probably would have been a bad situation. "Didn't you say 'chicken?'"

"I am so done," Shu muttered. A searing pain stung the right side of his face, and he flinched, more from surprise than anything else. His hair had barely brushed his face on that side, which meant his skil was uber sensitive as of now. Sure enough, he could feel the scratchy weight of his clothes, the roughness of the floor under his smooth shoes, and most distractingly, air currents. Focusing was a challenge.

"Lemme go!" Aiger yowled. He suddenly went dead still. "Did you just call me a chicken? I kicked your butt in that battle!"

Hartes dropped him on his head.

"I killed the lady. Need anything else?" Damn, those golden eyes were beautiful. Not that he would do anything, but geez, why did the most psycho of the four have to be so damn hot?

"Thanks," he replied absentmindedly. "At least you're hel- HARTES, I SAID TURKEY, NOT PIZZA!"

Hartes whined. "But the turkey was a pineapple!"

"THAT'S THE PACKAGING!" Shu facepalmed. Why did he even deal with this? His pulse started sounding louder, and he swore in his head. The heat seemed attuned to raised emotions, so he needed to calm down before his body shut down and lowered them for him. Just had to relax. Great. The one thing he was never able to do.

"Oh, baby, I got the bread," Phi murmured in his head. How the hell did he make even that sound dirty and seductive, Shu had no idea. He glanced up and frowned. "And who killed Ruwei's grandma?"

Shu suddenly remembered that Phi, for some reason, was good friends with Ruwei. He was one of the few people in the world the albino hadn't taken to bed, probably because their taste in music was close to the same. Oh, he was going to be pissed.

"Uhh..." Suoh edged away from Phi, who's eyes were suddenly glowing. "I wonder who did.... Oh fuck..."

This wasn't making anything better. Shu's vision became blurry and the heat flared throughout his chest, cutting off breath. Panic clawed up his spine as he fought to control his demeanor.

"I HAVE TURKEY!" Hartes announced. The heat lessened a little with his drop in emotion.

Shu managed to get enough air to say, "Final- HARTES, WHY DID YOU DROP THE TURKEY? I STILL-" He gasped for breath, the heat digging its claws into his lungs again. His stomach clenched. "-H-have to cook... with that!"

Through the still-clear part of his vision, he saw the albino shrug. "Maybe because I give no fucks?"

"WHY YOU LITTLE-" That was as far as he got before he saw his legs drop and his body hit the ground.