10

"YOU DID WHAT?"

Shu flinched away from the phone. "I'm sorry! I wanted my Oreos back!"

So, apparently Suoh had told Lui what he'd seen, and Lui had told Valt, specifically ommiting the part about the Oreos. Jerk.

Valt sighed. "Why was Phi even in your apartment anyways?"

"Don't even go there. Phi, Hartes and Suoh seem to enjoy breaking and entering." He rolled his eyes. "It's annoying."

"We're right here!" Hartes protested.

"Does this look like a face that cares?" the albino snarled, covering the end of the phone. Several people gave them strange looks. Phi and Hartes were known enemies, as well as Shu and Phi. Seeing them together, with random Suoh, in an airport of all places, was fairly strange.

"Anyways, I'm coming to Spain right now."

"Wait, wait, wait, I'm not done yet. I am not kissing you until you kick his butt. I have no idea where he is, so I can't even-" A bird hooted loudly through the phone, and the Valkyrie blader yelped. "Gaah! FREE! DON'T DO THAT!"

"Do what?"

The Dragon Blader's voice. It always seemed too quiet and menacing, even though it was just bored. He creeped Shu out, mostly because those enormous grey-black eyes looked like black holes trying to figure out the slowest way to kill him. Also because he was weird.

"Scare me!"

"You said you weren't scared of anything."

"Well, I am! DON'T DO THAT!"

"No."

"I'm talking to Shu right now-hey! Not cool!" His voice got muffled for a second, then there was a loud thump that sounded like Valt just ran into a tree.

"Hello, Shu." His voice was suddenly in the phone.

"Free."

That was usually the extent of their conversations. Normally, Shu immediately found somewhere else to be. If not, the other male left the room without so much as a good-bye. Sadly, he had a feeling this was going to be a day where there was going to be an interaction.

Shit, he was not in the mood to navigate the Salt Mine of Free.

"You like Valt, don't you?"

"FREE!"

"Yeah," he suddenly felt extremely defensive. Free did that to him somehow.

"Give me a minute, Valt."

A moment's hesitation. "Uhh... you're going to give me my phone back, right?"

"Maybe."

"Okie!"

Shu braced himself for the full impact of Missile De La Hoya. He was as deadly with words as he was beyblades, probably why he'd been at the top for so long.

There were a few loud footsteps, then the wind. "Do you know how Valt reacted when Spryzen broke?"

Shu frowned. "He was really upset, but wanted to beat P-"

"He cried for a week."

Shu's mouth fell open, and Free started talking.

"The first few days, he wouldn't even get out of bed. We tried everything. He just stared at the ceiling. I was there the whole time, and he didn't eat or touch Valtryek. He just laid there."