Over the Web (Pt. 5)

At the end of the week...

You drive home from school, throw all of your bags in front of the door, and run upstairs to your room. You flop onto your bed and immediately Start searching through your Instagram feed. Robbie posted a new picture.

He was in a convertible with the top down, shades on, and his hair flying around.
"Just set off for a road trip to see a friend!"

And then it had your username, tagged.

He had posted the picture 5 minutes ago.

You'd forgotten he was coming. You jump up off of the bed and start picking up anything that looked dirty and shoving it into the laundry room or in the trash.

You were in the middle of cleaning your bathroom whenever your phone chimed. You ignored it. But then it chimed again. And again. And tons of other times. You sighed and trudged to the phone to see what the noise was for.
"Sarah.is.heree has requested to follow you."
"Pan_lyfe has requested to follow you."
(I just made up these usernames)

You're confused. Why do these people want to follow you?

You think and then have a wave of realization come over you. Robbie tagged you. You smile slightly and get back to your cleaning.

About an hour later...

"Mom," you say. No response. "Mom!"

"Yes? Yeah, I'm here. What do you need?" Your mom wonders coming into the kitchen.

"Robbie should be here any minute. Are you ready?" You ask.

Your mom looks around and then down at her outfit. "Yep, looks like it," she says. She smiles and looks at you. She turns the smile into more of a smirk. "So... This Robbie fella... He cute?"

"Mom!" You shout. "I don't-"

You're interrupted by a very loud chime. It's your doorbell. You straighten your skirt and brush any dust off of you. You walk to the door to reveal Robbie with a lily in his hand.

He sees you and smiles very wide. He hands you the flower. "For you, Y/N," he says with his soothing accent. You returns his smile and thank him. You reach out your arms and hug his neck. He chuckles and hugs you back. "Glad to see me?" He asks.

"You don't even know. I know we just me," you pull away from the hug. "but I feel like we're best friends." He smirks and then you gasp. "I'm a horrible friend, come inside!"

Robbie pulls out his phone.

"Selfie?" He asks. You laugh and nod. You smile and he snaps the picture. "Looks good."

He reaches into his bag and pulls out s rectangular, thin package. It's wrapped blue and white wrapping paper. He hands it to you. "For you," says Robbie.

You take it and sigh. "Robbie, you didn't have to get me anything!" You exclaim. You continue, "But since you got it, I'll accept it." You rip open the present to see a DVD. You flip it over to see its title.
Inception.

To be continued...