Over the Web (Pt. 6)

(Recap: Robbie got you a present that turned out to be a DVD of the movie Inception)

You smile and laugh. "Really, Robbie? I told you Titanic would always be my favorite," you tell him.

"And I don't believe it," he said and picked up the wrappings from the present. You lead him into the kitchen, nervous about what your mom would say. He throws away the trash and stands next to you facing your mom.

"Mom, this is Robbie Kay," you say to your mom. He reaches out his hand for her to shake it. She shakes it and smiles.

"Very nice to meet you, Robbie. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Anything?" She asks.

He smiles. "No, thank you." He turns back to you. "So are we going to watch Inception, or what?" He asks playfully.

You smile and chuckle. You roll your eyes, grab him by the wrist, and drag him into the living room. You stick the DVD and sit next to him. He puts him arm across your shoulders and you feel a wave of electricity flow down your body. Maybe your mom was right. Maybe you do like him.

{~••••••••••••••••••Time Lapse••••••••••••••••••~}

"So, Y/N, how'd you like it?" Robbie asks.

"Well, I'll admit, it was pretty awesome."

"So-" you cut him off.

"But it will never be as epic as the Titanic," you continue. He let's out a sigh and shakes his head in disappointment.

Toward the end of the movie, you had laid your head on one arm rest on the couch and put your feet in Robbie's lap. He didn't mind, and you were happy. Suddenly, you shoot your head up off of the arm rest. "MOM!" You shout. She doesn't reply.

"Wouldn't it be more efficient to go and get her?" Robbie suggests.

"Ugh, its so far. MOM!" you scream again.

"What?!" She yells back, walking into the living room. "What is so important that you couldn't walk your lazy behind into the kitchen and ask me?"

You laugh nervously. "About that... Now I forgot. Feel free to go," you say to her.

"Wait, Ms. Y/L(last)/N," says Robbie. "I'd like to ask you a question."

"Yes?" Your mom asks happily, placing her hand on her hip.

"Would I have permission to take Y/N to dinner tonight?" He asks.

As soon as you hear your name, your eyes widen. But, thinking he could think it was just friendship, you just shoot your head up so your mom can see it from the doorway. You smile and she laughs. "Of course," she answers.

Robbie smiles widely. "Thank you very much."

Your mom winks at you when Robbie isn't looking and you widen your eyes at her as if to say, 'Stop it!'

Robbie places his hand on your leg when you mom walks out and you feel the electricity sparking again. He asks you, "Y/N, do you want to go on a walk?" You smile and nod, grab some comfortable, yet fashionable, shoes and head out the door. Robbie once again places his arm across your shoulders and holds you close to him, both of you smiling.

"I feel like I've know you forever," he says, smiling and kicking leaves while you walk.

You smile back and point out, "As much as I wish that was true, we just met and I don't even know how old you are." You look at him with a face that reads, 'Sorry...' And he laughs.

"Well, that's what you go on first dates to find out," he explains and you stop walking abruptly. "Everything alright?" He asks with a caring tone.

"Wait, tonight's dinner is a date?" You ask, glad but surprised.

Robbie scratches the back of his head. "If you'd allow it to be, then yes..." He says quietly, almost sounding shy.

You laugh and grab his hand, your fingers intertwining with his.

"Why wait until later to get this over with?" You ask him. You lean in to kiss him, but all of a sudden you see him pull out a picture and take it as soon as your lips touch. He puts it back into his pocket and holds your face with his hands. Your mouths movie on sync perfectly, and you feel a true connection. You pull away and take his hand again, walking back to your house together. He drops you off to let you get ready for that night and drives to his hotel room to get ready himself.

You were as happy as can be.

(To be continued...)