Over the Web (Pt. 7)

(Recap: Robbie asked you out on a date and dropped you off at home to get ready.)

     You run inside with a smile stretched across your face. You walk into your closet to search for a decent dress to wead. You look for a while until you find the right one. It comes down to your knees and the top is lace with red underneath it. The bottom is red and wavy. You put on some white flats and run to do your hair and makeup.

     You look at your final product. You actually look nice. You skip into the kitchen where your mom is for her to see.

"Mom?" You call out to get her attention and stand in front of her. She looks up from the cookbooks she is sorting and sees you.

     With a gasp, she says, "Oh, Y/N, you look beautiful." Then she adds, "Are you going on a date? Is it with Robbie?" She raises her eyebrow and smirks. You open your mouth to talk but the doorbell rings and interrupts you. You don't really want to talk about it with your mom yet, not knowing where the relationship might go.

     "Um... Gotta go mom! Bye!" You call out and run out of the room before she can protest. You open the door to find a dashing Robbie in a suit, holding a bouquet of flowers. You smil and wave. "Hi," you say quietly.

     "Hi there. I brought you these," he tells you as he hands the beautiful flowers to you. They are an assortment of different colored roses. There is red, pink, yellow, white, and even some that look as if they've been dyed their color. You thank him as he holds out his arm for you to take.

     The two of you spend the car ride singing the songs that play on the radio together and laughing. About half way there, your phone starts buzzing repeatedly again, as it had done before whenever you found Robbie's instagram. Followers on your instagram are flooding your phone screen as well as your feed, and you don't know why. "Hey, Robbie," you call out while you click on his page to see what he's posted. "Did you, by any chance, post a picture on instagram that had to do with me? Because I just earned a boatload of followers." Robbie laughs.

     "I may have," he replies, as if right on cue because his page loads and you saw the picture of you and him kissing that he snapped. You read some of the comments, not all of them being the nicest.

"Who is that? Why are you dating a nobody? She barely has any followers anyway."

"She's not even pretty!"

"They won't last, he won't be able to stand her for long."

     You sit there and stare at the comments and Robbie notices your sad looking face. "What is it?" He asks you as he pulls into the restaurant's parking lot.

     You sigh. "The mean things that people say, how can you stand them?" You ask him curiously and look right into his eyes. "Look." You show him some of the not so nice comments and read them aloud.

     He shrugs his shoulders and sets his hand on your arm. "A lot of them are saying that because they like me a great deal, and they're jealous. So usually, I don't get hate. Not to make you feel bad." This makes you smile and laugh. "Just ignore it. How about every time I see a nice comment, I'll show it to you?" He suggests. You nod your head and he gets out of the car to open your door like a gentleman. The two of you head into the restaurant together, awaiting the dinner ahead.