Narrated Flashback Time

Athur woke up a few hours later in his bed, unsure of how he had gotten there from the couch and unsure how he had changed clothes. A smell wafting through the air, as he tried flattening the hair that stood up on one side of his head, was clearly what woke him up from his sleep. Glancing out the window, he found the sun to be much too bright and squinted in pain as he made his way to the kitchen.

It took him walking to the other end of the hall to realize his door had been closed, he never closed his door in case Wade needed to wake him during the night. The solid wall of the scent of ham was what woke him up enough to remember he had been hit by a car, as well as the other related events occuring around said happening.

"Emrys, little early isn't it?" Arthur asked, leaning against the cabinet as Emrys cooked.

"Actually, it's well past nine, so you're a little late. How did you sleep?"

"Alright I guess..." After a moment of silence, Arthur looked at his feet and glared at them. "So, uh, how did I get in bed?"

"You walked in there, I suppose you don't remember?" Emrys asked with a short laugh, "Did you think I carried you in there or something? I could barely lift your dog, let alone you."

"I wasn't implying-" Arthur defended, feeling quite dumb. "Anyway the door was closed-"

"I closed it so I wouldn't disturb you. You were quite put out when Wade wasn't following you to bed so you kinda huffed off. Even called him a 'traitor', I believe. I came in to check on you periodically but Wade seemed fine sleeping with me on the couch. So eventually I just kept the door shut so I wouldn't risk waking you."

"Wade slept with you." Arthur grunted, thinly veiling his jealousy, "The dog who has slept at my feet every night since he was a pup, slept with you."

"I didn't know it would bother you this much, Arthur." Emrys admitted, "Sorry. Anyway... Food is ready. As you can probably guess by what I'm cooking, I went to the grocery while you were asleep."

"Right," Arthur muttered, taking the plate Emrys and setting it down on the counter. Grasping Emrys's shoulder, he sighs, "Sorry. Really. I don't understand why I'm acting so petulant, it's very unlike me."

Emrys had a fleeting expression of a grin before shrugging and face falling into neutrality, "No harm... Oh, by the way, that box you put by the road, I think someone took the box."

"I see," Arthur muttered, "I suppose I should finish what I started. I still have a few boxes of clothes and things to go through from under my bed. Quite frankly, I have no idea what's in them. Might as well do something productive while I have the time off, since I usually spend weekends laying around and drinking... I'm sure you noticed I tidied up a bit."

"Yeah, it's getting there." Emrys agreed, "I'll be glad to help if you need it."

"I'll be okay, I think." Arthur muttered, talking between bites as Emrys nibbled absently on some buttered toast. "Just hang around and keep me company I guess, make sure I don't succumb to brain aneurysm while I relive the dumb things I did in my youth."

Emrys betrayed a smile as he whispered, "Not funny."

...

After morning routines were finished, they each changed clothes, Emrys laid on Arthur's bed with Wade lying like a large fluffy pillow under his knees.

Arthur pulled out the first box quickly, immediately cursing under his breath and shutting it after opening. "I'm not sure I'm ready for these boxes."