Merry Christmas

(there's really no reason to add the song, I just love it and it's Christmasy)

Tamaki stared at the shop window. A checkard scarf hanging around the neck of a mannequin. He smiled, thinking of his long term boyfriend Mirio.

They had been dating since their senior year of highschool, and now, two years later, they we're both pro heros, some of the best in fact.

Tamaki entered the shop and minutes later came out with the scarf wrapped up in merry wrapping paper. He payed a bit extra to have the cashier wrap it, given he was awful at wrapping gifts. He hoped Mirio, if nothing else, Mirio would at least appreciate the sentiment.

Meanwhile, Mirio was sitting in their apartment, placing the last ornament on the tree before sitting down and admiring his work. He smiled, he knew Tamaki would be delighted to see their place so nicely decorated.

Speaking of the smaller boy, Mirio heard the door click. He looked over to see Tamaki standing in the doorway, "Hey Miri." He said, taking off his shoes and sliding on a pair of slippers.

"Hello angel!" Mirio said happily. Tamaki smiled and walked over to his boyfriend, sitting on his lap and wrapping his arms around him, burrying his face in Mirio's neck. Mirio chuckled, "Long day?"

Tamaki nodded. Mirio kissed his forehead and played with a piece of his hair. He knew this put the indigo haired boy's mind at rest.

They sat there in peaceful silence, Mirio watching the artificial fireplace burn. He didn't like sitting still very much, but when he held Tamaki it was all about him, Mirio himself didn't matter, it was all Tamaki.

"...Miri.."

"Yes my dear?"

"Merry Christmas Eve."

Mirio chuckled, "Merry Christmas Eve to you too."

----

"What's up guys!" Nejire shouted as she burst through the door. It was Christmas day, and Nejire had been invited to spend the Holiday with her beloved old friends.

"Nejire!" Tamaki and Mirio said in unison, Mirio taking her coat and hanging it up in the process.

Tamaki hugged the shorter woman, he missed her greatly. Nejire happily hugged back, "How's our suneater been doing?"

"I've been doing good." Tamaki said, giving Nejire a small smile.

"That's wonderful to hear!"

Tamaki led Nejire to the couch and Mirio followed in suit. He grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, a cheesy Christmas movie already playing. Mirio sat down and Tamaki moved to his lap. Nejire looked at the couple and smiled at them, "You guys make me so jealous of your relationship sometimes."

Mirio smiled, gently rubbing Tamaki's arm with his thumb, "Don't worry, Nejire, you'll find someone soon. Of course, they won't be as cute as my Tam-" Tamaki cut Mirio off by placing his hand over the blondes mouth.

Nejire laughed, "So cute."

----

Nejire tossed a present over to Tamaki, who almost dropped it as he caught it, "Open it! Open it!" Nejire chanted.

Tamaki ripped through the paper, trying to not make a mess. He pulled a Lemillion hoodie out of the packaging. Tamaki's face lit up, "Thank you so much Nejire!" He said, immediately putting the hoodie on. It was a bit big on him, which he liked. He had a distaste towards tight fitting clothes.

Seeing Tamaki wear a hoodie resembling his costume made Mirio's face erupt into a blush. It was undoubtedly the cutest thing he had ever seen. Nejire noticed and giggled, "Don't worry, Mirio, I got something for you too!"

Nejire tossed a present to Mirio, who thanked her before tearing it open. It was a Suneater hoodie. Mirio smiled brightly and put it on, it was just the right size, "Thank you Nejire!"

"You got it big guy." Nejire said, "Plus, it's a bit of fan service."

"What?"

"What?"

"I- Anyway, Tamaki and I got something for you, too.

----

"Alright, I'll be heading out now. Goodnight guys, and merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas Nejire." Mirio and Tamaki said in unison, closing the door behind her.

Tamaki yawned, he loved Nejire, but spending time with anyone but Mirio took a bit out of him.

"Tamaki." Mirio said, twiddling his thumbs.

"Yeah?" Tamaki yawned.

"I have a gift for you, but I need you to close your eyes and follow me."

"Huh? Okay.." Tamaki closed his eyes and Mirio took his hand, leading him  somewhere.

Tamaki felt a cold breeze when he and Mirio finally stopped, "Miri..where ar-"

"You can open your eyes now."

Tamaki opened his eyes and looked down to see Mirio on one knee. They were on the balcony, the apartment complexes large Christmas tree in view.

Tamaki gasped, "Wait you're not.."

"Tamaki Amajiki." Mirio began, "for three years now you have been the light of my life, and even before then I knew I couldn't live without you. The moment I met you, back in third grade, when you were alone and anxious, I knew that I had to have you in my life. You are smart, kind, and so loving that not a day goes by that I don't feel loved by you. You, suneater, are brighter than the light of a thousand suns. You are the light of my life and I hope that the light you give never fades. I love you so much more than you could ever know.." Mirio reached into his pocket, "So...if you would like to keep being that light..I ask.." He pulled a box out of his packet and held it infront of Tamaki, "Will you marry me?"

How could Tamaki not say yes?