Promise

"Tamaki." Mirio said, catching the indigo-haired boy's attention in the hallway. He managed to catch him just in time before he entered his classroom. 

 Tamaki turned around to the sound of Mirio's voice. He was glad to hear it. He wasn't having a great day, "Hey Mirio." Tamaki said, turning to face his boyfriend. Mirio smiled, as he usually did, at Tamaki.

 "Hey, I know you don't check your phone during school so I came here to ask you if you wanted to go on a date after school?" Mirio asked, well it was more of an offer. Tamaki moved out of the way of the doorway so that his classmates could enter, motioning for Mirio to follow him to the side, "Sure. Whats the occasion?" He asked, growing a small smile at the thought of a nice date after the stressful day he was having. 

 "No occasion, I just want to hang out with you. We haven't gone on a proper date since your birthday." Mirio said, hushing his voice slightly as he noticed one of Tamaki's classmates look over before entering the classroom. 

"Oh okay." Tamaki said, nervously glancing in the direction of his wondering-eyed classmate, "W-where?"

Mirio chuckled softly, "That's a secret." He put a finger infront of his mouth to emphasize his point, "Just meet me outside my dorm after school, okay?" Mirio requested, he clearly had this all planned out.

"Okay, but id like to change out of uniform first, i-is that okay?" Tamaki asked. 

"Oh yeah, of course. But don't worry about dressing all fancy, okay?"

Tamaki nodded, "Okay." 

Just as Tamaki said that, the bell rang.

"Oh, I should hurry to my next class now." Mirio took Tamaki's hand and kissed his knuckle--he wanted to kiss his lips but PDA was infact a thing, "I love you." He let go of his hand, "See you later!" And with that, he walked away.

 Tamaki blushed, his usual reaction to Mirio's affection, smiling to himself as he entered the classroom. 

 He would mentally beat himself up for not saying he loved Mirio back, but it was fine, he would have plenty of opportunity to say it later. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mirio grew a goofy grin as soon as he saw Tamaki. He took Tamaki's hands, "You look absolutely stunning."

Tamaki blushed, looking down at the ground, "I'm not wearing anything all that special." He said modestly.

 Tamaki was wearing a grey v-neck draped under a long, black sweater. He wore white ripped jeans and a light yellow pair of high-top converse.  He looked, to simply put it, adorable.

Mirio pulled his door shut and walked out into the hall to join Tamaki. He gave the boy a soft smile, "Ready?" He asked. Tamaki replied with a simple nod.

And with that, the couple made their way out of the dorms and into town. Tamaki still didn't know where the date would take place, but he was just happy to be with Mirio. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 Tamaki sipped his drink as he listened to Mirio talk. He himself didn't have much to say, but Mirio sure did. Mirio talked on and on about whatever came to mind, and tamaki didn't mind one but. If he had nothing else to do, he would listen to Mirio talk for hours on end and he wouldn't even be the least bit tired of his voice.

"So I wanted to surprise those first years so I hid in a bu- " Mirio suddenly stopped telling his story, looking just beyond Tamaki with a serious look Tamaki rarely saw. The indigo-haired boy could tell instantly that something was amiss.