Tired and Clingy

"Tamaki." Mirio said, gently shaking Tamaki back into concentration.

With a soft 'eep' Tamaki turned to his friend, "Hm?" He hummed, looking at Mirio.

"You're zoning out a little more than usual, you okay?"

Of course Mirio would notice any changes in his behavior.

"I'm fine, I just didn't get that much sleep last night."

"Did you drink the tea I bought you?"

Tamaki shook his head, "I fell asleep before I could make it but I kept waking up randomly all night."

"Try it tonight, okay? I promise it helps."

"Okay."

Tamaki found himself tuning hour of the rest of the conversation, his mind wondering to something else. He looked down, seeing Mirio's hand hanging to his sides. He couldn't help but think it looked lonely.

Ridiculously tempted to place his hand in Mirio's, Tamaki shoved his hands in his pocket, "Mirio." He said.

"Yeah?"

Tamaki went quiet. He didn't actually have anything to say, he just liked saying Mirio's name. Hell, he barely even realized he had, "Sorry I forgot what I was going to say."

"Oh...are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah.." Tamaki looked at his feet as he walked, thinking about what he had found himself thinking of far too frequently now.

Mirio.

His hair, his eyes, his body, his smile, his voice, his personality... everything about him couldn't be more different than who Tamaki was, yet he found himself so enamored by the other.

Just recently though, did he realize that love was what he had felt all these years for the taller boy.

He had spent so much of his Junior High years worrying that he had simply been confusing friendship for feelings.

But he knew for certain that it was love.

You don't think about holding your friend's hand.

You don't think about kissing them..hugging them...having them hold you in their arms as they pepper you in kisses....

Too much? Probably.

But Tamaki couldn't help these feelings.

And trust me, he tried.

He had done so many things to get his mind off of Mirio.

He even tried to date someone once..it didn't go well.

They were sweet and all, but they just weren't what Tamaki wanted, what he needed.

That thing was Mirio.

Me wanted, no, needed to spent the rest of his life with the boy. Even if it was just as friends....that would be fine too..to stay friends.

He could forget his feelings if his friendship was really on the line.

Tamaki's urge to hold Mirio's hand had only increased.

He desired contact. A hug, a pat on the back, hell, a handshake. He just needed something.

He turned to Mirio, "Mirio." He said, trying to think of which form of contact would be the most normal for friends, "Can I have a hug?"

Mirio looked totally taken aback, "Huh? You want a hug? In public?"