Come Pick Me Up I'm Scared

Tamaki strolled through the store by himself, which was quite rare. Mirio was at home with a cold and needed some medicine.

He looked closely at the written prescription, his hands shaking. He would have to talk to the pharmacist.

He looked at the exit, extremely tempted to just leave. But this was for Mirio.

He swallowed his nerves and walked up to the counter.

"H-h-hel-hi."

---

Tamaki walked out of the pharmacy, currently absolutely hating himself. He couldn't pronounce the medicine name right and the pharmacist was giving him a bit of a hard time. It was not ideal.

He crossed the road before dialing Mirio's number. After afew rings, he answered.

"Hey Tamaki." Mirio said in a stuffy voice, "Did you get the medicine?"

"I did." Tamaki said, "Sorry I'm taking so long." Tamaki apologized.

"It's okay sunshine," Mirio said, moving his face away from the phone so he could sneeze, "Just get home safely, it's getting late."

"I will." Tamaki said, "Please get some sleep, babe, I'll be home in afew minutes."

"Okay. I love you, sunshine." Mirio said, yawning.

"I love you too, Miri." Tamaki hung up.

He sighed, he just wanted to be back home with Mirio at that very second. But, of course, he still had a fairly long walk.

---

"Holy shit, is that Suneater?" A teenager said, crushing his drink container and throwing it into the trash. His friend looked closely at the indigo haired man.

"Oh, yeah, that is him." He turned to his friend, "Hey, you doing anything right now?"

The friend snickered, "Nah."

They gave eachother a knowing look and laughed as they ran off into an alley way.

"Help!" One of them screamed.

Tamaki immediately heard the cry, his head turning in the direction of the sound, "Was that..?" He looked around for a split second before running in the direction of the sound, "Hello?" He yelled as he walked in the alley way, "I heard a cry for help." He looked around, "Is everything okay?" He saw nothing.

The teens had long since crawled into a dumpster and hid themselves away so the hero couldn't find them.

Tamaki walked deeper into the alleyway, his heroic nature upstaging his fear if getting lost.

He and Mirio had just moved into this area and he didn't know his way around all that well. He even had a hard time finding the pharmacy.

He cupped his hands out infront of his mouth and yelled again, his voice trembling, "If someone is hurt, please call out to me so I can help!"

He once again looked around, his eyes well adapted to the darkness of the alley by now. He was begging to think he was just seeing things.

He turned a corner to find himself in another alleyway, one that looked extremely similar to the last one.

He walked the alley, a bit faster this time, calling out every few minutes for the source of the noise.

Eventually, he sighed, showing his defeat, "Must have been a false alarm or something..." He mumbled to himself.

He looked around, the alley stretching out into a street. Surely, he figured, this alleyway would simply lead him afew feet from the other.

He walked out of the alleyway, looking around. He didn't recognize any of the scenery surrounding him. And this seriously freaked him out and flew him into total panic mode. Aka, no rational thinking mode.

He walked toward the nearest wall and placed his forehead against it, shaking and tearing up. It looked silly from an outsider's perspective, but it was one of Tamaki's only effective calming mechanisms.

He shakily pulled his phone from his pocket, pressing Mirio's contact and waiting for his answer.

After a ring or two a familiar sickly voice rang through the speakers, "Tama? Are you okay, honey? You sound like you're breathing pretty heavy."

Tamaki shook as he held his phone to his ear, "M-M-mi-miro I-I-Im..." He stopped, his stuttering getting to be too much to say what he was trying to.

"Deep breaths, hon, in..." Mirio breathed in, his breath shallow, "And out." He exhaled.

Tamaki did as he was told and followed Mirio's instructions, eventually calming his shaky voice, "M-Miro...I'm lost.." He said very slowly.

"What!?" Mirio said, his voice couldn't only be described as a worried-boyfriend-voice.

"I h-heard someone call for help and I ran into an alley and when I came out I didn't recognize where I was going and I-I-I-I-"

"Deep breaths, sunshine, you're getting all worked up. Let's calm down."

Tamaki took a series of deep breaths and returned to a calmer state, "I-I got lost. I don't know how to get home." He admitted, his voice shaking.

"Are you still in the alley?"

"No."

Mirio let out a relieved sigh. No one could hurt Tamaki out in public, or atleast he hoped.

Tamaki swallowed his nerves and gripped his phone tightly, "Mirio..." He said.

"Yeah?" Mirio once again pulled away to sneeze.

"Can you please come pick me up?" He began tearing up again, "I'm scared."

No matter how sick Mirio felt, there was no way he couldn't.

"Send me your location and I'll be right there." Mirio said, rusting sounds of him getting out of bed could be heard.

"Okay." Tamaki took his phone away from his ear and quickly sent Mirio his location, "I sent it."

"Good. Okay, you're not too far from the house. I'll be there in just a minute. Please stay where you are."

"O-okay "

"I love you, Tamaki."

"I lo-love you too, Mirio."

Mirio hung up.

Tamaki let his arm drop to the side, his hand too shaky to keep itself up.

He turned to have his back against the wall, his forehead starting to hurt given the material of the wall was grooved and hard.

He looked at for Miro, who he was certain would be there soon.

Sure enough, about five minutes later, Mirio pulled up in the car, the lower half of his face covered by a mask to not spread any germs.

He got out of the car and walked over to Tamaki, "Tamaki!" He said, picking up speed, "I'm so glad you're okay."

Tamaki gave him a weak smile and weakly outstretched his arms, Mirio pulling him into an embrace.

The hug lasted for afew seconds before Mirio pulled away, "Let's get you home, kitten, I bet it's been a long day."

Tamaki nodded and took Mirio's hand, walking with him to the car.

He was glad to have someone like Mirio by his side.

---Though, his adrenaline would go down and he would come to hate himself for making Mirio come get him whilst he had a cold.