PDA (pt. 2)

Because literally everyone hated the ending
---------------------------

"that's nonsense!" Mirio yelled through tears.

Tamaki coughed up a bit more blood, wheezing out a laugh, "I'm kidding." He outstretched a weak hand up to Mirio's face, pulling him into a kiss.

Mirio cried as he kissed the boy back. He placed his hand over Tamaki's, gripping it gently.

They pulled away, tears escaping Tamaki's eyes as he stared up into Mirio's.

"Tamaki please you have to stay with me!" Mirio cried, squeezing Tamaki's hand with both of his own.

Tamaki coughed up more blood, "Mirio.." he choked out, "I can't.. I can-" He coughed again, "I can't.."

"Hey!" A voice said from down the hall. Mirio shot his head over in the direction of the sound, "is there anyone over there?" The person asked, finally coming into view.

"Yes!" Mirio yelled frantically, "Please! We need help he's hurt!"

The person ran over to Mirio and Tamaki, gasping when they saw Tamaki's injuries.

"We need to get him to recovery girl!" The person said, taking their shirt off and tying it around Tamaki's wound as a tourniquet.

"You can carry him right?"

Mirio nodded, quickly whiping the tears from his eyes and gently picking up Tamaki's limp body.

Tamaki screamed in pain as he was picked up. He coughed up more blood, sobbing in pain.

Mirio held him close, "Hey..hey Tamaki please look at me."

Tamaki weakly stared up at his boyfriend, his eyes glossy.

"Just keep looking at me."

"Let's go." The stranger said, leading the two in the direction of recovery girl, who was outside helping those who were able to escape along side the paramedics.

Tamaki had already passed out by the time they made it outside, but Mirio's frequent checks of his pulse made for certain he was still alive.

"We have a patient with serious injuries!" The person yelled. Two paramedics brought out a stretcher, where Mirio gently layed Tamaki down.

The paramedics strapped him in and wheeled him into the ambulance, "He's going to need surgery." A paramedic told Mirio as he lead him to crawl into the back of the ambulance and sitting next to Tamaki's stretcher.

"Can you answer some questions for me?" The paramedic asked, taking out a pen and paper.

"Okay.." Mirio said, placing his hand over Tamaki's and staring at his unconscious face.

The paramedic sighed softly, "We can wait until we get to the hospital."

---

Mirio sat in the waiting room as Tamaki was in surgery.

The words that the doctors had told him echoed in his mind. Over. And over. And over.

"He's lost alot of blood. There is...a very small chance that he will make it through the surgery. And if he does, his recovery will not be a quick one."

Mirio wasn't religious, but he had already prayed to every God he could think of that his boyfriend would be okay.

He sniffled, barely able to produce tears anymore. Sighing softly, he pulled his phone out of his pocket to get ahold of his father to tell him he wouldn't be able to come home that weekend like he had promised.

---

Hours later, Tamaki's doctor came out of the surgery room.

"He's stabilized." He informed Tamaki's parents--Mirio had simply overheard, "The surgery was a success. But we're not sure how long it will be until he wakes up."

Mirio was going to stay out of the conversation, but he couldn't help it, "But he is going to wake up, right?"

The doctor looked over at him, "I'm..not sure. There's about a 40% chance that he will remain catatonic."

Mirio didn't like those odds. But atleast they were in Tamaki's favor..even if it was just a by 10%.

"We're going to wheel him into his room and the parents can come in to visit first." The doctor turned to Mirio as he walked away, "then you can come in."

Mirio wanted to rush in there instantly. But he could wait. He could wait as long as he was able to see Tamaki at all.

---

"Mr. Togata." A nurse said, waking Mirio from a short lived nap that he hadent even realized he was taking.

"Y-yeah?"

"You can visit Amajiki now."

"Oh!" He said, standing up, "thank you!" Before the nurse could say you're welcome Mirio ran into Tamaki's room.

The sight was terrible.

Tamaki was connected to strange machines, his breathing aided by them. Mirio crumbled into the chair next to Tamaki's bed, shakily placing his hand over Tamaki's. Be hated seeing the IV in Tamaki's wrist. He hated seeing Tamaki in the hospital. He hated seeing...all of this.

He wished he hadent ran out of tears. He was so overwhelming, choking out tearless sobs as he stared at Tamaki's heart monitor.

The weak beeps were sickening.

---

How many nights had Mirio spent alone now? He couldn't recall.

But they were definitely adding up.

His hair was unruly, his face pale. His eyes had lost all their light, thick bags underneath them.

He looked terrible. And he felt worse.

He sighed heavily. Laying in bed feeling the weight of uselessness. He couldn't do anything without Tamaki by his side.

Closing his eyes, he planned on returning to sleep, but he heard the familiar sound of his phone ringing.

He quickly jumped up, grabbing his phone off the night stand, "Hello?"

"He's awake."