03: Ugly Shadows

Picture of Christopher Mark ;-)

Chapter 3 - Ugly Shadows

Oliver

I checked the time as I turned off my alarm after snoozing it three times already with a five minute interval, it was 6:50AM.

Sighing and rolling out of bed. What happened to the days of sleeping in till 9:30? Maybe I should have just forgotten about entering the university and became a couch potato, I'll just need to add a few more kilos... okay a lot of kilos to be considered an actual couch potato.

I was fully awake now, I said a short prayer I'm not really a man of God or the most favoured child amongst all his children, but I sure as hell-heaven needed him today.

Stripping and heading to the bathroom, I went through with my morning routine. I was currently just staring at my wardrobe, I did have nice clothes but choosing what to wear on my first day was quite difficult, a chill travelled all around my body.

I took out 3 button up shirts and a white T-shirt, opening my drawer I decided to wear one of my best fitting trousers, the one that screams; This is his best pants can't you see how much it fits?

I eliminated two button up shirts, leaving me with just one button up shirt and the white T-shirt with a large Mickey mouse print on it.

I love this top.

Deciding was way harder than I expected, I tried on the both of them but I just got a lot more confused. Getting tired of racking my brain so early in the morning, I picked up my phone from my table and dialed Jess's number.

She's so going to kill me.

It rang completely the first time but she didn't pick up making it go to voicemail, I dialed her number one last time.

Two calls should be punished by castrating at least, not death.

She picked up on the last ring snorting loudly announcing her presence before speaking.

"This better be so important that it couldn't wait till morning." Snorting again trying to clear her raspy voice "It's fucking 3AM!"

I sighed, at least she picked up.

"Yes Jess, it's so important and it's already morning it's like 7:25 not 3AM." I replied trying not to piss her off. She really loved her sleep, anyone who stopped her from sleeping was her enemy.

"Don't tell me what time it is," she said from the other end with a tone to her voice, I could tell she was trying to sound intimidating now. "one, I don't care two, you're not the boss of me."

Oh but you're the boss of me, that's just great.

"Well I've 3 classes today," I started, seating on my bed playing with my hair while looking at my reflection in the mirror, I was only in my boxer briefs, "and I really don't know what to wear." I finished walking to my table and picking up my comb.