44: A Birthday Surprise - An Empty Jar

Jessica's foot is always in the way! ^

Fact #4: Sam wasn't supposed to be such a perv but I had bigger plans for the plot! Hehehe

Chapter 44 - A Birthday Surprise - An Empty Jar

Oliver

During the entire time at the salon, Miss Michelle never left my side. Even after I'd finish styling and dying my hair and was currently relaxing in the hair dryer. 

My hair was finally dry a few minutes later, and it was time to look at the end result. To say I was satisfied by the stylist's work was an understatement. I was beyond satisfied with the outcome of it, more to the joy of the stylist. He couldn't stop thanking me for appreciating his handiwork on my hair, when, truly, I should've been the one thanking him. 

They shortly started packing up to leave after Miss Michelle settled them through online payment. The girls finished before me so they hadn't yet seen the plans I'd carried out on my hair. When Miss Michelle and I joined them after we'd seen the stylists to one of the doors—I'm not sure which one, but there were bound to be many after that one— in another living room upstairs.

I assumed it was Miss Michelle's personal living room, or maybe not. Again, this mansion was full of surprises so I couldn't tell anything for sure anymore. I could only roughly and not-so-adequately assume. 

Jess almost did a flip when she saw me—when they both saw me—with my new look. Oliver Wilburn with silk, silver rinsed hair. Her shriek was so loud, I feared it might shatter the window glasses. 

"What happened to you?" Jess squealed, going to touch my hair but I smacked her hand down. 

"Nope, not yet," I backed away, dashing away from the restless fingers which visibly itched to bury themselves into my newly styled hair. 

"Then when?!" She screamed, ogling at me. "But really, what happened?"

"I dyed my hair silver blonde," I simply stated. "Isn't that obvious?" I chuckled, taking a seat beside Miss Michelle. We'd bonded over our salon session. I couldn't believe I now felt this comfortable around her. 

"I can see that. Don't you dare get sarcastic with me or I swear these fingers will find their way to your naturally silver roots," Jess threatened with a menacing glare and quickly looked away. 

Even if she wasn't going to do it, it was best not to anger the lioness. 

"Your roots are naturally silver?" Miss Michelle quickly inquired, cocking an eyebrow at me. 

"Oh yeah," I blankly answered. Seeing the confused glint in her eyes, I proceeded to explain, "My mum has natural silver hair and so do her sisters. Most of my cousins have full silver hair," I finished, clearing her on the issue. She nodded her head at me.