22: Party at The ER pt. 1 - Casper

(Warning: Make sure to play the song!)

Chapter 22 - Party at The ER pt. 1 - Casper.

Oliver

We all got into the car, and Jess started the engine.

She was incredibly enthusiastic, I could feed from it. Yadiri joined her in the front and I relaxed at the back. At least this way I could watch and listen to the both of them ramble on and on about things that shouldn't linger, and act like I'm not interested. Even though I am.

Whooping and cheering, Yadiri imitated her making similar excited girl noises. I rolled my eyes at the back seat, certain they couldn't see me but it counts for something, I was excited but I wasn't that excited. They had an unimaginable amount of interest in this particular party, some could consider it an unhealthy obsession. Maybe because it was our first university party, and it was at a club. Not just a regular club, the ER.

"Buckle in lads and lasses, it's going to be a smooth, safe ride of course, but it's sure as hell gonna be crazy." Jessica said with a very excited tone, pulling away from the garage.

"Bring it! We're ready!" Yadiri followed, supporting her with the same agitation lacing her voice.

I sighed loudly, finally getting their attention.

"Kill joy much?" Jess directed the question to me, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"No, I'm feeling the fizzy. I'm just not feeling it the way you guys are, given I'm not whooping and bringing anything, wherever it is coming from." I spoke motioning around with my hands, as if pointing out all the noise they were making. "Oh, and also can you leave the crazy part of the ride behind?" I finished with a sarcastic tone, pleading with Jessica.

"Oh I see now, your life is so blissful and colourful now Khalid is in it?" Jessica asked, wiggling her brows at me through the rearview mirror.

We were out of the garage now and slowly making our way through the marble tracks to the towering black gate of our dorm. The chill air often bustled into the car and around us, it wasn't as chilly as the previous night with Khalid so this was pretty much bearable.

Hell you even laid on the floor with Khalid. I reminded myself, I also didn't fail to inform my inner health checker that Khalid's body heat was enough to boil eggs. My eggs.

"You bet!" Yadiri chirped, clapping her hands and joining Jess to laugh almost hysterically.

"God no, why would you think that? See, for now I'm just trying my best to see Khalid as a regular person in my life, he's just one more crush, okay?" I wasn't expecting a reply or a nod of approval from them and I didn't get it, they were still laughing at whatever they thought funny. "I just don't want to die on my way to an all night party at some club called The Erotic Rage the name is already menacing enough. That's not a very pleasant way to end ones life anyway, if I'm going to die in a car crash it has to be on my way to church," I finished.