48: Lighthouse Goes to Church

Fact #5: Alex has always had a story to tell :)

(I don't know how to say this since this is quite a sensitive issue, but the characters attend a Christian church in this chapter. If that is not fine with you, you can skip once you reach the first page divider, keep on scrolling/swiping until you reach the next one. I hope you enjoy Alex's confession, though, and the little not-so-nice surprise at the end. xx)

Chapter 48 - Lighthouse Goes to Church

Oliver

"I'll only repeat myself one last time, Alexander. Let go!" I barked, infuriated by the way he remained unfazed despite my glare and all the effort I put into an intimidating countenance.

"Will you listen to what I've to say?" He inquired.

"Let go of me first," I bargained.

"Promise me first," he countered.

"Is this a game to you?" I hissed, suddenly irritated by him. The way he talked, the way his nose moved when he breathed, the way he blinked. I was just so annoyed, my humanity was the only thing that kept me in check.

I attempted pulling my hand away from his hold, but his grip was just so strong, stronger than mine.

"Let go!" I yelled, still trying to snap my hand away.

"Please, stop shouting. I don't want to create a scene, and I'm definitely not fighting with you. I can't afford to get evicted from the dorm at the quarter end of the semester," he explained casually like we were having a conversation.

"I'll slap you across the face, Alex, and I mean it. Let go of me now," I threatened one last time.

That seemed to get the message across to him because, then, he slowly freed my hand. I was quick to turn on my heels and begin to totter away. However, something he said made me halt at once.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?! I'm sorry for everything!" He apologised with a frustrated pitch.

Did Alex just apologise to me?

"Hold up. Did you just apologise to me?" I turned cautiously, staring at him in disbelief with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes, I did. I said I was sorry for everything I ever said to you."

"Are you apologising for ever talking to me in general because I'm a stupid person, or are you apologising for the hurtful things you've said to me?" I wondered, slowly walking back to him. "I'm a bit confused here."

"The hurtful things," he clarified softly. "You're actually a very nice person, and I'm very sorry for creating such enmity between us."

"Hold on a minute," I laughed incredulously, finding it very difficult to believe the words coming out of Alex's mouth. "Are you playing with me right now? Because, if you are, it is not funny," I mentioned sternly.