17: Acceptance

Chapter 17 - Acceptance

Oliver

Surprisingly, even to Mason, the first few minutes of the drive back to the university was amazing. We reminisced and talked about fun events that occurred in highschool; from leaked nudes and love letters, to public rejection to proposals made with big gestures, and people getting wasted at the school ball and other parties.

We also ventured into talking about those we knew did drugs in highschool, and those who were likely to be hardcore junkies by the end of first semester. Casper was the first person we could think of. His name just slipped off our mouths so easily.

It wasn't just a hunch, we both knew he did drugs in highschool. Virtually the whole school knew, he was a dealer. A godfather.

During an impromptu locker search, which took place because some student anonymously posted that the athletes were using steroids on the school blog, heroine was found in his locker. Steroids weren't found though, but the rumour was pretty strong.

The rumour just hung in the air and eventually disappeared. I suppose that's what happens when you've a crazy rich dad who actually wants the best for their son, but he's too much of a junkie to realise. This happened around the time he started bothering everyone in school, including me. I couldn't care less about whatever his problem was, I just needed him far away from me.

"Casper is still in Jega, he ummm…" I trailed off. I couldn't find the right tone to voice out what I had in mind.

"By still in Jega, you mean he's in Denberg?" He asked, glancing at me from the side of his eye.

I snapped my head in his direction. "You know?" I puckered my eyebrows at him.

"Of course I know, how would I not know?" He scoffed, making another turn.

"I found out on my very first day of school." I replied, sighing and looking out at the road ahead as he drove. That encounter was something I didn't want to remember.

"Did he…" there was a short pause from him, he was probably contemplating on taking this conversation that way or not. He eventually decided against it. "Exactly my point, I'm sure everyone from our secondary school knows Casper is in Denberg. Even those halfway across the country."

"I just didn't expect him to stay around." I replied in a low tone, still staring out.

Casper was such a fun sponge. To me, anyway. Just talking about him, or thinking about him gave me mood swings.