Windmill Vandals

It was almost another end to another day in Gravity Falls. Gompers the goat stood on the roof of the Mystery Shack, and baaed. In the Mystery Shack's gift shop, Wendy was leaning against the cashier counter reading a magazine, while Soos was putting up new ideas for sale.

The silent moment was broken when the entrance door was opened. Wendy and Soos looked at who it was and their eyes almost widened.

Standing in the doorway was Patrick, completely covered in black ashes. With a frown on his face, he took in a deep breath and then let out a sigh before walking into the gift shop. Following behind him were his cousins, Mabel and Dipper. Both equally covered in black ashes.

"I can't believe you did that, Mabel," he said, turning around to face them. "The guy from the shop said specifically not to get the stupid bird wet! At any cost!"

"Aw, but he looked dirty," Mabel said innocently. "I thought it would be a good idea to give him a bath."

"Which turned it into a giant, murderous bird that did THIS TO ME!" Patrick yelled at her, dust himself off to show everyone the bruises and scratches on his hoodie, shirt, and body.

"That means he likes you!" She responded with a bright, positive smile.

"NO IT DOES NOT!"

"Okay, okay," Dipper said, trying to calm his aggravated cousin. One of the things he almost forgot about Patrick was that he had a bit of an anger problem, which he seemed to have really kept under control most of the time. "I guess that looking for a bird that turns into a monster and explodes when it's killed wasn't a good idea." He then brought out the journal and started flipping through the papers. "However, I'm more than certain that our next mystery will be—"

Patrick quickly took the journal from him. "No, we're not," he said, holding the book up. "We're not going on another adventure tomorrow, Dipper! We've been going on mystery after mystery nonstop for the past two weeks, you two. So I'm putting my foot down and drawing the line." He then pulled out a red sharpie and uncapped it.

He then went over to the calendar on the wall and drew a circle down and all around the Wednesdays on the mouth.

Mabel asked, "Is this like a game?"

"No, Mabel," Patrick responded. "For now on, starting tomorrow: Wednesdays are now Weirdless-Days."

Wendy chuckled a little at the name. "'Weirdless-Days?'"

"Oh, I know," said Soos, putting away some items. "It's going to be a day where you guys don't go on mysteries and adventures?" Patrick was a little stunned that Soos was able to figure it out so easily, but nonetheless nodded his head. "Nailed it!"

"But that's not fair!" Dipper protested.

"It's completely fair, Dipper!" Patrick countered him. "I'm willing to go on your adventures, but I need a break once in a while. This town isn't the best place for relaxation, you know." Dipper looked down with a frown and rubbed his arm. "I'm just asking for one day of the week to not have something try and kill us. Can we at least agree on that?"

Dipper was silent for a moment before letting out a defeated sigh. "Yes."

"Sure." Mabel shrugged her arms.

Just then, Stan entered from the outside door and called, "Soos! Wendy! Patrick!"

Soos ran up to him, while the Pines teen walked casually over. Soos panted for a moment before asking, "What's up, Mr. Pines?"

"I'm headin' out. You two are gonna wash the bathrooms, right?"

"Yes, sir!" Soos saluted.

"It will be done!" Patrick saluted.