Summerween

The story which you are about to read is an account of the weirdness which befell a group of seven youths, in particular Patrick Pines and his cousins, Dipper and Mabel. It is all the weirder in that it was because they broke the very traditions of a holiday. Despite this, as they live very, very long lives, they could not have expected, nor would they have wished to see as much of the terrifying and insidious as they were to see that night. For them an idyllic summer holiday of joy became a nightmare.

The events of that night were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre evils in the annals of Gravity Falls history, the Summerween Trickster.

Gravity Falls was always considered a humble, but strange town. It wasn't just the supernatural forces and creatures that were strange, but most of the people of the town were oddballs.

But now Patrick wondered if they got their calendars altered and mixed up. The teen was with his cousins, Soos, and Stan in the family car. Driving to a store that was doing a reopening after a year of being closed. But as they passed the neighborhoods, Patrick saw that the house had all their Halloween decorations out and displayed. However, strangely, instead of pumpkins with faces carved into them, there were watermelons.

What would you call those? Jack-o-Melons?

Their journey ended when Stan pulled into a handicap parking space. Going over the curve and crashing into the sign. The occupants stepped out of the car and Stan said, "Here we are, the Summerween Superstore!" In front of them was a small store with Halloween decorations set up and a sigh that said what it was.

"Wait, Summer-what?" Dipper asked with a confused look on his face.

Patrick wasn't getting it either, and asked, "Don't you mean Halloween?"

"Nope, I'm talking about Summerween," said Stan, pulling out a calendar from his suit. He pointed to that day before explaining. "The people of this town love Halloween so much, they celebrate it twice a year. And wouldn't you know it, it's today!"

"Do you always carry that calendar in your pocket?" Patrick asked with a mocking smirk.

Stan stood there with a pause. "...Yes."

"Summerween? Something about this feels unnatural," Mabel said with a raised eyebrow.

Soos then leaned down to the twins and teenager. "There's free candy!" he said to them. That really got the kids' interest.

"TO THE COSTUME AISLE!" Patrick, Dipper, and Mabel yelled, with the female twin wearing Groucho glasses. The eldest one of the three pushing a wheelbarrow cart that the twins were in.

While it was understandable that Dipper and Mabel would be excited for Summerween, some may look at Patrick's excitement and think that he should grow up. But he didn't care. Halloween was one of his favorite holidays and even if he would have normally been handing out candy, this was going to be his first time Trick-or-Treating with his cousins, two people that he's only got to see only a few times in his life.

Plus, free candy!

As they were picking out their costumes, Soos was standing at one of the shelves in the store where they had a bunch of cracking skulls out for sale. Soos pressed one of them and it turned on with eyes glowing. "I'd lend you a hand... but I don't seem to have any!" It then crackled after telling the corny joke.

Soos, however, found it funny and laughed. "Haha, this guy tells it like it is."

Then a woman that worked at the store called to him with an annoyed look on her face. "Sir, could you please stop pushing that?"