6

Beni's footsteps could be heard from the inside of his room where Konro awaited.
Beni quietly opened the door, he sighed when he saw Konro walking back and forth in his room. "Konro what is it?" Beni casually walked over to his futon laying down on it.
"It's about...(YN)" the sound of your name made Beni turn away from Konro making sure his emotions were not noticed by him.

"What about her?" Beni yawned "couldn't this wait till the morning?"
"No, Beni listen" Konro sat beside Beni's futon "She's been on my mind lately...a lot in fact. I-I haven't felt this strongly about a woman in a very long time, I want to- well I did act on my feelings towards her-"
"You mean when you kissed her?" Beni interjected
"Y-Yes" Beni glanced back towards Konro who was clearly embarrassed.
"Beni... I don't know what to do now"
"One" Beni held up his index finger, his back still towards Konro "you came to the wrong person, I know nothing about dealing with women and two if you truly like her...show her your the one for her"

"Thank you Beni" before Konro reached the door Beni stops him "Konro...you kissed her so she knows how you feel, did something happen?"
There was a short pause "no, nothing happened. See you in the morning Beni" the door closed behind him.

Even if something did happen, it was still too late for him do anything about it...he fell asleep that night wondering what would happen if things went differently.
。。。。。。。。。。
The sun rays seeped into his room, his futon neatly packed away Beni headed out before (YN) awoke. He wanted to avoid any awkward conversations or encounters.
He laid fresh flowers at your parent's grave.

Sitting on the wooden porch of the Dango 🍡 house he notices someone.
。。。。。。。。。。。。。

You began your cooking and cleaning duties earlier than normal.
You sat the food out on the table and once satisfied with everything you left the house to visit the gravesite.

You smiled seeing the white lily knowing that it was from Beni. 'Why won't he speak to me?' Your expression becoming gloomy.
"Mum, Dad I wish-"
"You wish what?" The voice started you, you looked around surrounded by trees they could be anywhere.
"Who are you?!" You shouted taking a stance. No matter which direction you looked you couldn't pinpoint the voice.
"Who?" I hand grabs your hair violently pulling your head back. A tall brown haired man looked down on you. His emerald eyes reflected in your own as they grew larger "Let's ME GO!" You struggled against his grip a thread of terror washed over you, you couldn't let him get you again "you remember me now" he smirked against your ear.
Your lips quivered in fear "no no no just leave me alone ple-" his hand fit nicely around your neck "if you don't behave You will end up like your father and mother" you scratched at his hand as you gasped for air. "Ahh you look so beautiful" he smiled squeezing tighter.
Your eyes glowed lilac, "No! You're going to be obedient" he threw you back landing a kick against your side. You laid there, tears streaming down your cheeks. "Be good and I won't have to hurt you" he wiped your cheek. A large shadow appeared behind the man.

It fists collied with the brown haired man knocking him into a nearby tree "K-Konro?" He picked you up safely and began walking back to the house. Looking behind you the man watched until you disappeared.
。。。。。。。。

"Men!" They all stood at attention waiting for Konros command "I need water, towels, and medicine bring it to (YN) room and prepare herbal tea now!" "Hika Hina go and find Beni immediately!"
They all scattered

Konro laid you down carefully, you winced at the pain. "(YN)..." he cupped your cheek gently "I won't let him hurt you again" you leaned into his hand.
The door opens and the men came with towels, medicine, water, and herbal tea.
"Thank you men" they left quietly.

"(Y-YN) I'm going to need you to lower your..."
"Hmmm?" You searched Konros face which he hid with his hand.
"Y-your K-k-imono" he stammered. Your faced flushed
Your back faced him as you unraveled the kimono it fell to your sides. "Sorry (YN)" you could feel his hand shaking as he cleaned the large bruise on your side. "I'm going to put on some ointment" he spoke. The cold substance made you jump as a natural reaction Konro held you close to him. His large hands wrapped around your side with your arms covering your chest. He quickly let go after your eyes met. "I'm going to put some more on okay?"
"O-okay" you voiced quietly trying not to focus on his hand massaging your side. He finished wrapping a bandage around your torso. You fixed your kimono "all done..make sure you drink that tea and get some rest"
"Konro..." you faced him "Thank you so much" you hugged him. "If you weren't there I would have been taken back to that place"
He held you tightly "you won't be going back there" he spoke softly
The room door opened once again it was Hika and Hina "we couldn't find Beni" they reported, "what is up with him lately?" Konro asked the girls "we barely see him, I miss Beni" Hina sniffled "whoever hurts (YN) is our enemy!" Hika hugged you followed by Hina "thanks for the hugs" you told them "Konro can we ask you something outside?" The twins asked,  Konro nodded and followed behind them, a few moments later he came back inside his cheeks red. "What did they ask you?" You chuckled

"They saw us hugging, they want to know if you're my girlfriend haha" he gave a nervous laugh
"Oh!" You weren't attracted to Konro but have things changed? He was here protecting you while Beni was...somewhere avoiding you.
You leaned closer pecking him on the cheek. Konro smiled heavily, he bowed and left the room.
You drank the herbal tea and looked down at its contents 'is this normal herbal tea?' You felt yourself become drowsy. You crawled your way under the futon cover and went into a slumber.

。。。。。。。。

Beni came to your door in the middle of the night to check on you after he got yelled at by Konro for not being at the house.
As Konro told him what happened he felt guilty, angry...furious all at the same time but his guilt outweighed his rage. 

By avoiding you he hurt you...he promised to protect you and he failed. He lingered at your door for a few moments, he thought it was so senseless of him to be having these emotions over you...a princess that just showed up out of nowhere. His hand slid the door open silently as when he closed it behind him. You hair scattered over your pillow you muttered something, he got closer to listen it's been a while since he's heard your voice. "C-old" you shivered. Beni brought the cover back over your body you griped the cover but also Beni's hand.

Beni panicked trying to remove your hand with his other, but you yanked him down on top of you. "Beni..." you held onto to him. Beni knew you were still sleeping and decided no harm could be done by holding you and so he did. He laid there with you in his arms. "Beni...always avoiding me" your head rests on his chest. "Sorry (YN)" he whispers he decides it's best if leaves now. "Don't go" you held onto to him, Beni didn't want to leave either, his eyes glaze over you and stops at your lips.

The gap closed between the two of you his lips hover over yours every part of his body wants him to kiss you right now but he knows better...he plants a kiss on your forehead. You relax into his embrace when your eyes open the spot next to you is empty but your heart flutters.

A/N: Thank you for reading!!! 1k reads wow!😊