9

Before Beni went back to see Konro.

You couldn't believe Your Aunt was alive...she was supposed to be dead. You racked your brain on what could have transpired and why?
Getting closer to her house the smell of burnt wood lingered. You could see the crop field behind her house was brunt and that part of her house was...missing? "Aunt Yua!" You ran ahead of Beni once you spotted her clearing some of the debris.

"(YN)!! Ohh my you've grown into a beautiful young lady!" She hugged you "Beni told me about your parents-" she spoke quietly while holding you "I'm so sorry, I should have been there for you and-"
"Do not feel guilty Aunt Yua, You're here and alive! your the only family I have left so please do not put this on yourself" you wiped her tears away "look at you...so strong, just like Akina your mother" Yua runs her fingers along your hair. "What happened to your house?!"
"Ohh, well your boyfriend and I over there had a friendly match" she pointed at Beni "you guys fought?! Beni are you crazy?"
"He held his own (YN) haha took out almost half my house" she ushered you both inside.
"You think I wouldn't win against her?" You could see Beni was hurt by that "Beni, of course, you could, It's just that my aunt is really terrifying I was just worried" you locked your arm with his "wait how did you know about us?" You directed the question to Yua.
"Beni made it really obvious that he liked you and it looks like he confessed"she smiled
Beni kisses you "I have to go and see Konro, I'll be back soon" after saying goodbye Beni left.

"I guess it's time for me to tell you what exactly happened and how I'm alive" you both sat down.
She scratched the back of her hand nervously "3-4 years ago as you know it was announced that I was killed by one of Ishira's enemies, but In fact, I was banished" she took a deep breath "a few years prior I met someone, a guy called Kaito from outside our town he wasn't royalty or rich just ordinary and I liked that, we quickly became friends and I would see him every time he came to our town. His visits soon became frequent and we became lovers. Your mother knew everything,  from the start as I knew she would keep it a secret, I trusted her with my whole heart, Your father was a great man and he loved your mother but we both knew he could never find out as he was a very traditional man and he would go to the elders if he knew." Yua sighed shaking her head. You knew exactly how your father was and wasn't surprised by this.  

"Your mother had met Kaito on more than one occasion and she liked him, she said 'this is the man who will make you happy and will cherish you, the man you will have a family with'. Yua smiled at the thought.

"One day I went into your mother's room, she was alone and I told her-" Yua paused "the next part is very difficult for me to say, so forgive m-me...I told her I was pregnant, she was so excited for me and I was over the moon, the only problem was Kaito and I weren't married and the elders would never agree to us getting married. Your mother told me that she would figure something out and I shouldn't worry as it was bad for the baby" Yua smiled as she touched her stomach

"unfortunately your father had overheard our conversation, he got into a huge argument with your mother, he threatened to kill Kaito if I didn't ge-t rid o-of the baby and I k-knew he would do I-it" tears cascade down your cheeks as you listened "I was so scared and angry, your father was like a big brother to me and for him to say those words to me really hurt me...I ran away with Kaito but your father and his men found me and brought me back with Kaito In chains...the elders found out and they forced me- they ch-chained me down and took my baby away from me!" You held onto Yua as you both cried "Never did I think I could hate someone as much as I did your father...after that I continued to see Kaito I didn't care what they thought, because I was in love with him when they found out I was still seeing him they banished me. We moved around for a bit until we reached here, we tried to conceive another child but I was very depressed and had 2 miscarriages....and here we are" she gave a half-smile "I had no idea this was going on" you sniffled "where is Kaito?" "Out at work, he'll be back either today or tomorrow his work requires him to travel far"

"Aunt Yua I'm so sorry that my fathe-"

"No need to apologize sweetie... it's in the past now" she cupped your cheek, looking at her you saw your mother, younger but same smile and same caring, loving heart. "Can I ask...why didn't my mother fight harder for you? I wou-" "She did..trust me (YN) your mother risked her title for me, and so much more...wish she was here right now she would have so many stories to tell" Yua chuckled "Believe it or not your mother was a little rebel before she got married" she smirked "but that can wait till later, help me get this house back to normal"   you followed her to the back of the house, there was so much you didn't know...you could tell that your mother wasn't the same after Yua was gone 'I wonder what my father would think of Beni...would he be okay with us marrying? Beni is highly respected but he isn't the most courteous of men' you laughed softly, you guessed that was one of the reasons you liked Beni he was himself...you now realized that you were similar to your aunt. 

.

.

.

Later that day you helped Yua prepare dinner, Beni had sent the men to help rebuild so her house was back to normal, however, Beni did not come.

The lit lamps created a soft glow over the wooden decor of the house...it felt like home. You pictured the house Beni would build by the hot spring, soon that would be home too.

"What's got you all happy? thinking  about Beni?" Yua teased you causing your cheeks to blush. 

"Yeah he's-" The metal door handle rattled as the wooden door creaked open, your eyes fixed on the figure entering "Kaito! your back" your Aunt jumped on the figure still out of focus for you. 

"Yua" he spoke, but that voice rattled you, your hands trembled. Should you get up? Should you yell? your mind was racing, you couldn't move. "There's someone here I want you to meet" Yua moved to the side to let the man in. 'Please no..no..no' The glow from the lamps highlighted his brown hair, his green eyes widen, his lips parted "nice to meet you" he held out his hand "Kaito this is (YN) my niece" Yua closed the door and found her way next to you, but you didn't budge.

"(YN)? say hi" your lips quivered in terror 'Kaito is one who killed my parents!' was all your mind could process.

A/N: Thank you for reading!! 3k I'm shocked😭 hope you enjoyed this chapter!