Chapter 1

"Congratulations to Jeon Jungkook for being the topper of this year."
3620 Comments:
-"Omg..!! No one is perfect like Jeon Jungkook. He's just the best."

-"What did you expect him than being the topper of the whole country? He's indeed the great Jeon Jungkook."

-"If you need the definition of perfection, Jeon Jungkook is right here."

-"How can someone be perfect at everything? Only Jeon Jungkook can relate."
-
-
-

Jeon Jungkook, the second son of the Jeon family, one of the richest family in the whole country, just graduated from his high school with the highest mark and reviews being the topper of the year.
He's handsome, rich, popular for good not only in studies but in every activities. He was perfect in everything. He was everyone's heartthrob.
Everybody admires him for his hardwork and personality.
Except someone.

"What do you mean by this??"

Jungkook flinched and closed his eyes as the man in front of him threw the papers in his hand right to his face.

Only the sound of papers flipping around in the air could be heard.

"Is this only what all you can give for yourself Jeon Jungkook? Don't forget that you're my son and you need to be perfect in everything. Have you forgotten about the meaning of being strong and perfect? Do you think that you are the best just by being the topper? You're just useless. Get all these trash and just get lost from here. I really don't want to see your weak face here."

Jungkook lowered down his head and bit his lower lip trying not to escape his sobs from his mouth. He slowly squatted down and picked up his graduation mark sheet and certificates and clasped them tightly with his shivering hands and turned to go outside.

"Close the door when you leave."

He heard the older saying as he closed the door behind him.

Jungkook dragged his feet towards his room and locked the door before throwing himself to his giant king size bed but the soft cotton bedsheet was no more comforting to him. He just kept staring at the white ceiling, recalling all the harsh words that he was so used to listen for all his life.
He scrolled through his phone but all he could see was only the news about him and people praising him.
Was he happy? From all the praises from everyone?
He smiled smugly at his phone screen or... maybe at himself? He felt himself and his life as a joke.
He has good looks, perfect grades, money, everything... but he had long forgotten how happiness feels like.
Eventhough he has a huge house, he never had a home. He never received any kind of care and love from his family. His father, well... should I say his step mother's husband? He never appreciated him for even once in his whole life. His step mother was busy taking care of her own son that she brought when she came to their house for the first time with his father after his mother's death. He wondered if she ever thought him as her son... or at least his husband's son. And now, she wants all his father's property only for her son, not that Jungkook care about her taking all from him, but the only thing he cared was the love she took from his father.
Jungkook was really closed with her mother. She was his only happiness and friend whom he could share everything, he felt as if his life was complete while she was with him. But, god took his happiness from him. He was really happy when his father brought his new mother and a new big brother. He thought he could share everything to her like he used to, he thought he would get someone he could play with. But he was wrong. He was wrong about the world being kind and caring that his mother taught him. They took his father from him. They took his believe about the beautiful world.
But did he give up? No. He tried his best, the best that his mother once wanted him to be.
But what he got? Nothing but more hate from his step mother, who never wanted him to be what he's now. The more he get better, the more she hate him. He had no idea how his father turned to hate him that much. He wanted at least a single 'well done' from his father. He tried his best in everything, not to ruin his father's reputation in the country, with the thought that if he did that, at least his father would appreciate him for his hard work. But he was wrong, he was wrong to think he had even a tiny spot in his father's heart. No matter how good he is, his father would never appreciate him.