Chapter 7

The surface of the river water turned turquoise reflecting the view of the clear sky, with the water flowing steadily forming mild waves along the direction of the wind. The sun was bright but the branches of the big tree beside the wooden bench by the side of the river where Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting was giving enough shades to enjoy and appreciate the view with pleasure.

Jungkook was dragged by Taehyung near a river and he never regretted being dragged till there because the view was unexpectedly beautiful and the weather was not so hot, not so cold but refreshing with the mild wind blowing calmly... and of course the warmth from Taehyung sitting beside him was even more pleasing.

"It was a song written by my mother when I was 7 years old. She used to sing it every night and I somehow learnt it."

Taehyung shifted his gaze from the view towards Jungkook when he heard him speaking after a silence of almost 10 minutes after they sat there.

Jungkook didn't understand why he felt the urge to say it to Taehyung but he felt that the other would listen him.

"Woah... Your mother must be really a good at singing. It was really good. And... your voice is so beautiful."
Taehyung smiled.
He also said nothing after he dragged Jungkook with him. He noticed the other getting a bit emotional after singing the song so he decided to keep silent and let him calm down. Now that Jungkook started speaking, he finally sensed that the other was feeling better.

"She was the best singer I've ever known."
Jungkook blinked his eyes trying so hard not to let his tears that started oozing from the corner of his eyes to escape when he recalled his memories about his mother.
He sure learned the song when he was still a child but he never thought about the meaning of the song deeply. He never knew why his mother always shed tears whenever she sang that song every night. When he turned 7, everything changed from how his small happy family used to be. His father would rarely come back home, even if he did, he would never talk to his mother. After some months, his mother passed away all of a sudden, leaving him alone. Then so many things have happened to him and his life more than a child could bear. It felt like his new family had turned his life upside down. His cheerful self had long gone from him, he left the thing called trust after whatever happened in the past years. How could he trust other people when his own family betrayed him. Everything struck his young mind so hard that he refused to interact with other people, even with his family members and lived on his own until Taehyung came to his life.
He used to get scared that if he let people into his life, they would be the same and betray him like always. But now, he couldn't understand why he felt so scared to be betrayed by the male in front of him, why he wanted to share everything to him, why he wanted him to know everything about him.
"But she died when I was only 7."
He continued as he wiped his struggling tears away with his thumb before Taehyung could notice them.

"Even I don't know how my parents look like."

Jungkook snapped his head towards Taehyung when he heard those words... like how? He clearly show his parents before.
"But you have--"

"They're my adoptive parents."
Taehyung cut Jungkook off as if he already knew what the other would say.
He smiled when he noticed the questioning look on Jungkook's face.
"I used to live in an orphanage. When I was 6, they used to come to our orphanage everyday to meet me. They always bought me nice foods and new clothes everytime they visited me. They were so nice to me but I refused to go with them because I didn't want to leave my orphanage, I love our granny who took care of us there. But later, when I was 10, our granny was severely sick and couldn't make it. Her last wish was to give me to them, she said she want me to experience the feeling of having parents. Because of her, they took me with them after her death as their son and gave me my name and their family name. Till today, they're still taking care of me just like their own child and I took them as my real parents that god sent for me. They're not so wealthy like others, but their hearts are so rich that no wealthy person can reach them and I'm really thankful to our granny for giving me a chance to meet such people in my life. I don't feel lonely anymore like I used to be."
Taehyung smiled as he looked at Jungkook who was still staring at him.