Welcome to he-school

Inger was the first awake one quiet February morning. She threw her blankets off and looked in the mirror in her room. Excitement rushed through her and she clapped her hands, making a small squeaking noise. She should probably wake up her daddy and pappa because it would be her and Leif's first day at school.

She headed over to Leif, who was sleeping happily. "Leify. Leify. Wakey uppy." She shook her brother.

Leif woke up, his silver eyes focusing on his sister. "Ingey!" He wormed himself from his bed, smiling at her. "Gud morgen." The darker haired child greeted his sister in their pappa's language.

"Gud morgen." Inger replied. Bouncing on her feet.

"It's school? No?" Leif asked his sister as he got out of bed.

"Yessy!" Inger clapped her hands.

Leif smiled at her and took her hand. Together the two four year olds ran from their room and into their parent's room.

Tom and Tord were sound asleep, Tom resting his head on Tord's chest. Both weren't in shirts. Tord's robotic arm was resting in Tom's hair. Both were in a deep sleep.

Inger nodded to her brother and climbed onto the bed. She sat on Tord's legs. "Pappa. Pappa. Wake up Pappa."

Tord began to wake up. "Inger, hva vil du."

Leif spoke up. "School!"

"Oh shit! Tom wake up!" Tord jolted awake, this woke Tom up and his black eyes turned white.

"Tord! What is it?" Tom sounded panicked.

"The kids have their first school day today. No one's dying." Tord joked, elbowing Tom.

The shirtless brit blinked, his eyes melting back to black. "Oh okay. Kids, go wait downstairs, we'll be down soon." Tom smiled at his children.

Inger and Leif nodded and walked from the room, holding hands.

"Get up commie. You have to actually tend to your army today." Tom said, looking about for some of his clothes. He settled on his typical outfit and turned to see Tord getting into his red hoodie and walking to go get his army coat. Just as he was about to put it on Tom realised what could go wrong here. "Tord. I wouldn't wear that to the school. Some people hate you, and I dont want the kids to have a hard time because you rock up looking like the man who took over England."

"But I did?" Tord seemed genuinely confused by what Tom had said.

Tom sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Tord look. Just go like any normal person, you can always change back here then drive off to the London base. You have to drop me off anyway."

Tord finally saw the logic behind what Tom was saying and nodded. "Aright Witness, I'll do as you say."

Tom chuckled. "You better Tord, I'm the smart one here."

"Yeah yeah min elskerde. If it makes you happy." Tord rolled his eyes as he spoke.

A loud smash made the two men aware of the fact that their children were probably unsupervised. They ran out of the room as they heard crying.

Tom slipped into the kitchen, nearly falling over he grabbed the door frame. On the floor were the two young children, a smashed jar on the floor. In the middle of the mess sat Inger, crying her little eyes out. Blood welled from a cut on her head. It wasn't very deep, but a small trail of blood stained her face and down her head. Tears welled in her eyes and tracked down her cheeks.

Panic raised in Tom, worry for his daughter flooded him as he ran over to her, wincing in pain as more of the pot crunched under his shins. "Inger what happened?" He shifted to pull his daughter onto his lap.