Hiking (Bucky)

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it."

"Shut up Bucky. We've only been hiking for twenty minutes." You sass walking around Bucky who is laying in the middle of the trail.

"Can we just leave him?" Sam asks walking around his as well.

"I'm honestly considering it," you say. Bucky looks up at you with puppy eyes. "Get up you big dummy you to heavy to carry," you tell him walking on. A few seconds later he is walking next to you. "Do I have something on my face Barnes?" You ask not looking away from the trail in front of you.

"No.," he says.

"Why are you staring at me then?" you ask smirking.

"Just appreciating God's work," he says slyly. You can feel your cheeks bloom with a blush. "Why are ya blushing doll?" he whispers in your ear. A chill runs down your spine at his warm breath fanning your ear.

"It's just hot out that's all," you tell him trying not to let your voice falter.

"Keep telling yourself that," he mutters to you.

You all finally reach the campsite and you guys set up tents. Then Wanda runs up to you.

"Hey y/n I need a favor." She says.

"Yeah, what do you need?" You ask turning towards her.

"Can you switch tent partners with me. I know you and I were gonna be together but now its Vision and I." she explains.

"Oh yeah, no problem Wanda," you tell her as you continue setting up your tent. As you finally finish putting up your tent you see Bucky walks over with his sleeping bag and blanket. "What are you doing over here?" You ask.

"You switched with Wanda so now you're with me." He says smirking. You shrug.

"Lucky you then." You say. You reaching your bag in bring out a bottle. "I brought alcohol originally for me and Wanda but now it's for me and you." You said smirking.

"Yes," Bucky says fist-pumping. You sole and put it away for right now since Steve "banned" any form of alcohol being brought on the trip.

(Time-skip to the evening)

You and Bucky eventually find yourselves back in the tent once the campfire was put out. Bucky goes straight to the wine you brought. You hadn't thought to bring any cups so you both just drink out of the bottle. About two hours later your drunk as hell.

"Your eyes are pretty." You say putting a hand on his cheek. He chuckles and moves your hand away.

"So I've been told." He says.

"Do you love anyone Bucky?" You ask him drunkenly. He freezes at the question.

"Yes, I do y/n." He says slowly.

"Awe damn I thought I had a chance." You giggle.

"Oh." Is all he can muster out.

"Who is it?" You ask him.

"It's a, well it's you y/n," he says. You giggle and let your head fall back.

"That's nice." You say. He can see your eyelids get droopy. Bucky's smiles hand places a hand on your back laying you down.

"Go to sleep doll." He says. He presses a kiss to the top of your head as you drift off.

"Mph, okay." You say rolling over. "Love you." You mutter before passing out. All Bucky can do is sit there on shock. You love him.

(The next morning)

You woke up with a pounding headache but you knew this would happen. You searched your bag for the pain pills. You grab the bottle but no noise comes from it. Empty. Bucky then enters the tent and smiles.

"How's your head?" He asks.

"Hurts." Is all you ya before laying back down.

"Here." He says as he places his cool metal hand on your forehead. The cool temperature relives some of the pain but the dull throb is still there.

"Thanks." You say softly.

"Do you.." he starts. "Do you remember anything from last night?" He asks.

"Not really." You say. "Why?"

"Well you kinda," he scratches the back of his neck. "You kinda told me you loved me."

Fuck

"I'm sorry Bucky I just, oh God, I'm so sorry I was really drunk and-"

"Did you mean it?" He asks.

"What?"

"Did you mean it?" He repeats. You swallow your throat feeling dry all of a sudden.

"Yes." You finally squeak out. You close your eyes waiting for a response. You feel his cool metal hand rest on your cheek. You keep your eyes closed until you feel his breath fanning your face. You see his crystal blue eyes inches from yours. You slowly crane your head to the side and lean forward closing the gap between the two of you.

His raspberry colored lips were as soft as they looked. His mouth moved against yours slowly. The hand that had been resting on your cheek found its way to the back of your neck. When your lips finally parted he rested his head against yours and opened his eyes. A smile cracked on his face. You mirrored the smile and presses a kiss to his nose.

"Be mine?" He asks. You smile and nod. He wraps his arms around you and pulls you onto his lap. You both sit there enjoying the silence for a while until he speaks up again.

"I love you to y/n."