Chapter 1

(Y/N) = your name

You look down at your letter. Otelus Manor. Is this it? You look back up at the large mansion. It looks really gloomy, you thought to yourself. You walk up to the large front doors and knocked. You waited a little and a moment later, a girl opened the door. She looked young and wore a straw hat and apron. Right behind her stood a woman wearing a blue and white skirt.

"Oh, hello! You must be (Y/N)." The woman said. "I'm Emily Dyer."

She opened the door wider and allowed you inside. The manor was huge. There were two sets of stairs in front of you, with a large indoor balcony.

"Oh, and this is Emma by the way." Emily smiled warmly, gesturing at the girl. "Emma would be showing you around in the manor. I have some things to do. Bye! See you later at breakfast!"

Emily left, leaving you alone with Emma.

"Come on, (Y/N)! I have lots to show you!" Emma said eagerly. Pulling you by the hand, she said, "I'll show you where your room is first so you can unpack."

Emma lead you up the stairs and down the halls. You walked so many doors, each with a name on it. "Ah! Here it is." Emma took out a key. "This is the key to your room." She opened the door and handed the key to you. "I'll be back in 30 minutes to show you the manor. I'll go help with breakfast while you unpack. See yaaaaa." And with that, she skipped down the hall and out of sight.

Your room was pretty cozy actually. You flop down on the bouncy bed and started to unpack.

~ half an hour later ~

Emma poked her head into your room. "(Y/N), you done yet?" You nod your head. "Yay! Okay, follow me. I'll show you the garden first. It's my favorite place!"

Emma showed you the garden and all the different flowers in there. The manor was wayyyyy bigger than you thought it was. There were so many rooms here and there. You saw an interesting door. You tried to open it, but Emma stopped you. "Ah, that door leads to the hunter side of the manor. You shouldn't open it. We're not allowed in their end of the manor." Hunters?What are hunters? Before you can ask, Emma was already hopping off to the next room.

Before you knew it, it was almost time for breakfast.

Emily was already in the dining room when Emma took you there. "Hello, (Y/N). I hope you like the manor so far."

"Yes, the manor seems nice, but... what exactly is this game the letter talks about?" You ask. "Oh, and what are hunters?"

Emily and Emma explains to you about the game and the hunters.

"Wait, what? You can die?" You said, horrified.

"No, no." Emily laughed. "I mean, you can get hurt yes, but no, you won't get killed. It's against the rules for the hunters to kill us. Don't worry. After the match, you will just come back to the manor and I'll heal you up."

"Yes! Emily's an awesome doctor." Emma said.

Emily smiled. "The others should be waking up soon (if they don't I'm going to kick them awake). They'll be excited to meet you (Y/N)."