Chapter 9

Dear hunters and survivors,

Can you believe that two years has gone by already? Time flies rather quickly. Whether you just joined or have been here with us since the beginning, you are invited to ball that will take place on XX/XX/XX in the ballroom to celebrate the second anniversary of the games.

Please dress formally for the event. Please also note hunters and survivors would be celebrating this event together.

We hope to see you there.

You and the other survivors stare at the flier in the morning. 

"A ball? We had a ballroom?" You ask.

"Apparently so." Emily said.

"Formally?" Naib said. "I'm not going to get out of my way to dress formally. I'm only going for the food."

- fast forward -

The ball was in an hour. You put on your long (F/C) off-the-shoulder dress. It has small flowers embroidered at the end of the dress. It was simple, but you liked it. You style your hair and tied it with a (F/C) ribbon.

After you finish, you step out into the hall. You were going to the ballroom with Emma, Emily, and Vera. They were already waiting for you.

"Pretty as always!" Emily said when she saw you.

"(Y/N), you look so pretty!" Emma you scanned up and down.

"Yeah, that dress totally suits you!" Vera smiled.

"Honestly, you guys look way better." You said.

Emma was wearing a blue and white dress accompanied by a blue bonnet. Vera was wearing a simple black dress with laces and had a pretty black veil adorned with black flowers. Emily had a light blue and gold dress, with ruffles on top. She had styled her hair into braids and looped them so they rested besides her head, finished off with a blue bow on top.

When the four of you get to the ball, everyone else was already there. You can the crowd. All the guys were wearing suits and colored ties of their choice, even the hunters. All the girls were wearing dresses. 

"C'mon, let's have some fun." Vera said, pulling you guys by the hand. 

People were already dancing on the dance floor, by themselves or with a partner. Naib was going all out and was break dancing. Eli was dancing with Fiona. Vera and Emily were dancing together, twirling here and there. You decide to get yourself some refreshments. 

"Hello, princess."A voice said behind you.

You whirl around to see Norton. "Don't call me that." You pouted.

Norton shrugs. "You didn't exactly tell me what to call you next time."

"How about you just call me by my name?" You said. He looks cute in that suit. Wait. What are you thinking (Y/N)?

"What would be the fun of that?" A smile played on his lips. "By the way, you look nice in that dress."

You blush. "You don't look bad in that suit either."

A new song began to play.

"May I have this dance with you?" Norton asked, extending his hand.

"O-of course." You took it, flustered.

He led you to the dance floor and placed his hand on your waist. You put your hand on his shoulder and the pair of you start dancing. Your heart was beating really fast the entire time. It must be the hunters. It's because there're hunters here. Nothing more than that. You cannot be falling for Norton.Or were you?

"You're not too bad at dancing, (Y/N)." Norton finally called you by your name. 

"You're aren't too bad either." You catch Vera staring at you. "I enjoyed dancing with you." You smile at Norton, who smiles back at you. Oh my god, that smile. I'm dying. "Oh, I have someone to talk to. See you!" You hurry yourself out of there before your face can get any redder.

When Vera saw you leave, she hurried up to you with a mischievous smile. "Sooooo, how was it?"

"Was what?" You asked.

"The dance with Norton." She giggles. "Is there something between you two? Did (Y/N) get herself a boyfriend?"

"What? No! We're just friends. That's all." You flushed bright red.

"Oh come on (Y/N), stop denying it. You can't deny that you like him. Every time you look at him, I can see that blush on your face. " Vera said, smiling innocently. "You guys look so cute together. I can help you guys get together."

That night as you thought about what Vera said. Ughhh. You bury your face into your pillow. You were falling for Norton after all.