Chapter 4

"Alright guys! The owner of the manor just sent out a notice that there's a new game mode!" Emma said excitedly one evening. Everyone stopped what they're doing to listen. "It's called Blackjack. So basically, you just team up with a hunter and go against four other teams of a hunter and a survivor..." Emma continued to explain the new game. "Annnnd, the first match is this afternoon!"

"This afternoon? That's such a short notice!" Emily said.

"Yah..." Emma continued to skim through the notice to see if there are any more important information. "It says Michiko, Joseph, Hastur, Bane, and Violetta are the hunters." She looked up at us.

"Well, I wanna try this game. Who else wants to come?" Martha asked.

Not many people wanted to go since they were still confused on how the game works. Only Naib and Eli wanted to go. "We need two more people." Martha said. 

You were curious about the game so you volunteered. "Alright, one more." Martha said. "Hmmm, how about you Aesop? You haven't played a match for a while now."

Aesop just nodded, though he didn't look like he want to.

- fast forward-

The five of you met up with the five hunters. You had to make a team of two: one survivor and one hunter. Naib teamed up with Jack, Eli with Hastur, Martha with Violetta. This left you with two hunters. Michiko or Joseph? Joseph wouldn't be too good in this version of the game since his cameras can't be used anyway. You decided to team up with the Geisha, leaving Joseph for Aesop.

Michiko smiled at you. "(Y/N), right? We'll make a great team."

Everything when black. You spawn inside the church in the map Red Church. Michiko and you were given a... 5 card. It seems like Eli and Hastur got higher, since Hastur took over instead of Eli.

- fast forward -

After a few rounds, only you and Michiko and Naib and Jack were left. You have 19 in your hands. It was the deciding round. Jack and Naib had a higher hand, so Jack took over. You contain for a while, but was knocked down. You draw a... 7 card. Your heart sank. Your hand passed 21, so you are eliminated.

- after the match -

"That was fun! Thanks Michiko, you are a very good teammate. I hope i can play with you again soon!" You smile.

"Same to you." Michiko said, returning your smile.