Chapter 2

You twist your hands nervously under the table. You will be meeting the people you will be living with for the next few years soon. You are not exactly the most social person and can be kind of awkward when it comes to meeting new people.

Emily saw how uncomfortable you were. "It's going to be fine." She smiled at you. "They are going to like you (Y/N)! Trust me, they're all very nice."

As Emily finished talking, the door opened. A girl with curled hair tied into a ponytail came in. "Good morning guys." She yawned, rubbing her eyes. Then she spotted you. "Hello! You must be the new survivor."

"Nice to meet you. I'm (Y/N)" You gave her a smile and extended your hand. She took it. "Nice to meet you too, (Y/N). I'm Martha."

After that, many more came. Eli Clark the seer who had a very adorable owl, Patricia Dorval the enchantress (very cool skull she got there), Norton Campbell the prospector, Fiona Gilman the priestess, Naib Sebedar the mercenary, Helena Adams the mind's eye, Vera Nair the perfumer (maybe I should buy some of her perfumes, it smells very nice, but it makes me feel a little weird), and Aesop Carl the embalmer (he seems shy). So many people! But as Emily promised, they were all very welcoming. "Don't worry, you're safe in our hands!" They all exclaimed.

~ fast forward ~

Your first few days at the manor were quite relaxing. You were getting used to living with the other survivors already. You get out of bed and got dressed. You head down to the kitchen to help make breakfast.

~ an hour later ~

Everyone was awake and eating breakfast.

"Alright guys, there is going to be a match tomorrow. Who wants to go? " Emily asked. "The hunter's Joseph by the way."

You hear a few groans around the room. "Ugh! Why Joseph?"

Why did they hate Joseph so much?

"Uuh, can I go? I want to try to play a match." You blurted out before you knew what you were doing.

"Are you sure, (Y/N)? Joseph's hit can hurt." Emily looked concerned. "Especially for your first match too!"

You swallow. "Y-yes, I'm sure."

Emily nodded. "Alright, but I'm coming with you. I can heal you if you get hurt."

"Then I'll go too." Vera piped up. "I can bodyblock for you."

"And me! I want to stun him for last time. I still didn't get my revenge yet." Patricia said.

~ after breakfast ~

You were spending time in the garden with Emma again. You have been hanging out with Emma the most. She was really easy to talk to.

"So basically Joseph's hits are worse than the other hunters. He carries around a sword." Emma explained.

"A-a sword?" You were regretting volunteering before more and more.

"Mmhm! Only Emily can heal you back to full health if you get hit by him." Emma sat down next to a flower. "Poinsettias. They're so pretty."

For the rest of the afternoon, Emma gave you tips about how to contain and decode (occasionally showing you a new flower).

Before you knew it, you were back in bed, ready to sleep. The match was right around the corner.

 The match was right around the corner

Just a random pic (not mine). rip seer lmao