Chapter 3

It was the morning of your match. No one was as nervous as you are. They were all used to it and had already played so many matches.

"Good morning, (Y/N). Are you ready?" Emily asked.

"Um, yes?" You sat down and ate your breakfast.

"Oh, oh! I forgot to tell you (Y/N). If the hunter is near you, your heart would start beating. The closer they are the harder it would beat." Emma said.

Emily looked at the clock. "We should get going, the match is starting in 20 minutes."

You, Emily, Patricia, and Vera all walk into the room. You sat down at the table next to Emily. Emily smiled at you. "You'll do just fine, don't be scared."

"We will protect you." Vera smiled confidently.

The door opened and a man with white hair walked in. He was wearing what looked like a blue dress annnnnd he was carrying a sword, just as Emma had said. He saw you guys and nodded. "New survivor?" He said, glancing at you.

Eep, this is scary. Before anyone could say anything, the game had started. The next thing you know, you were on a...ship? You looked around. You see a machine looking thing with a glowing antenna. A cipher. You were supposed to decode this? You see a camera near the cipher. According to Emma, Joseph was a photographer, so it wasn't much of a surprise. You hear feet walking. The hunter? No, there is no heartbeat. It turns out to be Vera.

"Vera, hel-"

There was a blinding flash. You blinked the light out of your eyes. "What was that?"

"Oh, Joseph just took a picture. No biggie. Let's go decode." Vera said.

Decoding wasn't hard. In fact, you found it quite relaxing.

All of a sudden, you felt your heart beat very fast. You see a red light behind you. "Wha-"

You caught a flash of white hair. Joseph! How did he get here? He raised his sword, ready to strike. You were frozen in fear. Thank god Vera was there. You saw Vera jump in front of you, saving you from a terror shock. You gasp out loud when you see Vera get hurt. You blink and Vera's wound was gone. "How did you-?"

"No time! Get out of here quick!" Vera shouted.

You finally realized you shouldn't just stand there and you ran. You vaulted off the ship (and surprisingly didn't break your legs). Your heartbeat started to fade. You hope Vera is okay. On your way to another cipher, you bump into Emily.

"I'm so glad I found you, (Y/N)! Patricia told me you and Vera got jump scared by Joseph! On your first match too!" Emily seemed worried. "Are you alright?"

"Oh, yeah. Vera took the hit. I'm fine. Is Vera going to be okay though?" I asked.

"Vera can take care of herself. She's one of our best containers." Emily smiled. "Come on, let's go decode. Hmm, we only need 2 more ciphers. Patricia should be working on one right now."

You finish decoding a cipher with the help of Emily and head over to the enchantress to help her with the last one. They teach you how to prime the cipher. We waited for Vera to be incapacitated and then we popped the last machine. We ran to the closest gate and we opened it.

"Get out of here!" We heard Vera shout.

At that, the three of us escaped and were sent back to the manor. Not long after, Vera came back too. She seemed exhausted. "Joseph wouldn't give up on me, huh. Bless the dungeon." She grumbled.

"That was a really good kite though!" Emily said, patting Vera's back. "I'll go heal your wounds. Come with me. You did really well too (Y/N) and Patricia." Emily smiled at you guys and left with Vera.