chapter 2

Wei wuxian pov

"A-xian, here is some lotus pork rib soup. Drink it while it is still hot"

Shijie handed me the bowl and I gratefully took it. The soup was steaming hot in the bowl, I spoon some of it into my mouth. Savouring the sweet yet savory soup, I gave her a gentle smile and frowned. Madame Yu stood infront of me with her sinister sneer, zidian was buzzing with electricity in her hand.

"Don't forget your just a son of a servant, how dare you act so unruly"

She said before bursting in an evil laugh. She started whipping me at the sides, my arms felt like being bitten by a hundred of venomous snakes. I begged her to stop and that I will do what my best to fulfill her wishes as a servant but she didn't care and whipped me even harder.

"Madame Yu, I begged of you please stop. Please stop....... PLEASE!!!"

I shook my head as the image disappeared from my mind. My eyes fluttered open and immediately shut close due to the bright light emitting from my surroundings. It took a while for me to get used to it, my eyes fluttered open and look around curiously.

The room was pristine white with pearly white curtains surrounding the bed. The bedsheets too were pearly white was slightly emitting a light glow. Through the creak from the curtains, I can see a a beautiful woman sitting on the chair beside my bed.

She looks as if she was waiting for me to wake up. I hesitated before sitting up.

"Slowly, you just wake up"

She said in a gentle voice which reminds me of shijie, her hands clasped my sides gently as she helped me up. I muttered my thanks to her which she gave me a smile in return. While she was pulling the curtains away, I admired her beauty. Not because I like her or anything but because she in general was a work of art.

She had inky black hair which was half tied up with a ribbon and her bun was adorned with diamonds that reflects the stars. Her jade pale skin contracts with her sky blue robe. She looked like a goddess.

She back down on the chair and looked at me, her obsidian eyes staring into me. She reached out her hand and touched my forehead. I ducked her hand , afraid that she will hurt me. She looked shocked before gently giggling.

"Don't worry, if I were to really want to hurt you, I would had many opportunities to do so while you were out"

She said while reaching for the tray on the table, on it was a white jade bowl filled with dark brown liquid. She started feeding me, I let her do so as I felt safe around her. After drinking the first two spoonfuls, I started asking her some questions.

"Am I dead ?"

She looked at me weirdly before replying. Her eyes twinkled in amusement.

"What makes you think that?"

"I had never seen a room that glowed like this and had never met a woman so pretty"

I said freely. She smiled at me before setting down the tray on the bedside table.

"Are you flirting with me ?"

She smiled at me as my face grew redder in embarrassment.

"No, I mean I had really never seen a woman in my whole entire life like you, you really have divine features. And I am not flirting, I swear"

I said as I made a swearing figure with my hand. She nodded, buying what I tell her.

"Ok, I get it"