chapter 3

Lan wangji pov

"Brother, that had been strange activities happening at the outskirts of Gusu lately. The disciples had been reporting strange events relating to Qishan"

My brother nodded his head as we walked around the cloud garden. The matters considering Qishan has been burdening brother ever since the new king was elected and it was beginning to show.

"For now, we can't do anything as we don't have any real evidence against them. Wangji, you should continue investigate but don't any risk"

"Yes"

We continued walking in silence before finally entering the palace. For some reason, the hallway was awfully empty today, leaving the memory space eerily silent.

"Wangji-ah, the mortal you had brought back has woken up, he is being taken care of by Yu huan"

I nodded my head before talking.

"I will thank sister-in-law when I see her"

"Even if you don't ask her, she will still volunteer to do it. It is in her nature"

Brother said with a happy smile. Yu huan had always been kind to everybody around her, which was why everybody in cloud recesses often go to her to seek for help.

"I would have to discuss with you about his future here"

My brother said before turning around and faced me, I did the same.

"You do know that once a mortal enters the divine he or she forbidden to go back"

"Wangji, knows"

"Then what do you plan for him to do here"

"What does brother plan to do?"

"I was thinking of making him a servant"

"That's a good idea, there is nothing much a mortal can do in the divine lands"

A disciple came from the opposite direction and greeted us.

"Zewu Jun , Hanguang jun, master Lan is asking for your presence"

He said before leaving after bowing. My brother and I headed to the jade chamber where uncle was already waiting for us. Father sat across form him, drinking the freshly brewed tea. After greeting them, father looked directly at me and so did uncle. I lowered my head, as I heard uncle sighed before continuing.

"I heard from the disciples that you had rescued a mortal and had brought him back to Gusu"

Father shooked his head slightly, he would usually only do that when he was frustrated with my brother and I.

"Wangji, do you know the consequences of bringing a mortal to the divine?"

"Yes, father"

I heard the table being slammed and immediately kneeled down, my uncle's shadow towered over me.

"Wangji was ignorant of the law. Father, uncle, please punish me"

"What is the point of punishing you now, what's done is done"

Uncle said as he walked towards me. His cold gaze sent a cold breeze surrounding me, I can feel the floor beneath me slowly turning into ice. He looked away after a few minutes before walking back to his seat.

"I just hoped that he doesn't cause any trouble here, if he does you would bear the consequences"

"Yes, uncle"

I bowed before father, dismissed me form the room.

Wei wuxian pov

The door opened revealing Yu huan, who came in carrying a tray of food. She set the food down on the table before seating next to me.