chapter 18

Wei Ying pov

"Is the tea not to your liking?"

Lady Qin Yang said while drinking her tea. I shooked my head and did the same to not arouse and suspicions. Her dark eyes gazed into mine, making me slightly squirm in my seat. For a moment , I was scared if she could read my thoughts but then remembered that no god had that ability.

Su Qing was standing behind her , her hands were placed at her sides , occasionally lifting the grab the handle of the dagger but never drawing it out. It was like she is planning on killing me but hesitated at the very last moment.

"Disciple Wei, you are new in cloud recesses, am I correct?"

I shooked myself from my daze and nodded with a smile. Her eyes narrowed at me before smirking.

"You are very familiar with Lan zhan, am I correct?"

She is suspicious of our relationship. Were we so obvious? How did she know something we been desperately trying to hide especially during this time.

"I only acknowledged Hanguang Jun as my saviour and mentor. If it were not for him, I would have lost my life a long time ago"

She nodded and looked out towards the window.

"Have you ever heard of the story between of the silver dragon and the grey fox?"

"No, my lady. Please enlighten me"

"The silver dragon was a son of the heavenly father which was envied by many. Many female spirits from all over the universe would give away their immortality just to spend their lives with him"

I nodded as I try to find the reason for this sudden storytelling session.

"He never threw those spirits a second glance and descended into the mortal realm to avoid them. There, he met a fox spirit which he fell head over heels for" 

I nodded as I listen, lady Qin Yang continued.

"When the heavenly father found out he was outraged and cursed the grey fox for seducing his son. Of course, when the silver dragon found out he was outraged and went against his very own father for love"

She turned to me, her dark eyes bore into mine as if she was offering me challenge.

"Want to know what happened at the end?"

I nodded my head, eager to know the ending of this tragic love story.

"The silver dragon was killed, struck by celestial lightning by his very own father"

Such tragic story, how could the heavenly father do that to his own son.

"Do you know the moral of this story Wei Ying?"

I looked up at her and shooked my head, there was not moral of the story as they had fought for what eachother and if there is anyone to blame, it should be the heavenly father himself for being so cruel.

"You see there is a very big difference with celestial beings and mortal beings. Celestial beings are the supreme, the ones being worshipped and the rulers of mortal beings. Mortals beings are just weaker versions of us with a limited life span"

"What are you trying to say my lady ?"

There is no point in beating around the bush, because no matter how much you say, in the end you will always reach the same conclusion.

"Hanguang Jun, is the second jade of lan, the highly esteemed Hanguang Jun of Gusu. Many beings dreamed to be with him, this I understand but he is already engaged to me"

She emphasized her point to rubbed it in my face. The innocent expression on her face made my heart hurt a little. Of course, she is the lady of the fire realm. Beautiful, strong and elegant, everything I strived to be.

And Hanguang Jun, handsome, powerful and of royalty. They are made for eachother, why did I think that I stand a chance?

"It seems that our tea has gone cold. I am sure you are required elsewhere disciple Wei. You are excused"

I stood up bowed and walked out as quickly as I could while at the same time trying my best not to break down infront of these people.

Wei Ying, you are a son of a servant and therefore making you a servant as well. You can't be more than that in this life.

Madame Yu's words echoed in my head. Son of a servant, a fact that could not be changed matter how powerful I get, how smart I am or how beautiful I am.

The two of them are engaged, get that in your head. This matter was originally between the two of them, I was just a mere passer-by.

"Wei Ying"

The man in question appeared infront of me. He was looking at me with worried eyes and pulled me into his arms.

"Wei Ying, what happened?"

I shooked my head and pulled away from him. I should end this relationship before it becomes to painful to bear.

"Hanguang Jun, I am fine. I just miss my family back in the mortal realm"

"Wei Ying, wha----"

"Hanguang Jun, I am very busy. Please excuse me"

I bowed and walked away as fast as I could. I am so sorry, Lan zhan but are relationship was never meant to last in the first place.

You are a god and I am just a mortal. The two of us can never be together as you deserved so much more than me.

Lan wangji pov

Why is Wei Ying crying? Did someone bullied him?

"Hanguang Jun, lady Qin Yang wishes to speak to you in her chambers"

"Mn"

I will seek for him later. Lady Qin Yang was waiting for me with a bright smile on her face. For a moment I try to replace her with the person I loved.

"Lan zhan, have a seat"

She served the tea with a big smile on her face. For moment I wondered what made her so happy today.

"Lan zhan, my father is very adamant about bringing forward the wedding. I would like to ask Hanguang Jun's opinion on this"

Why is Huo Xuan so eager to bring the wedding forward? Is he planning something? I must delay it as much as possible. I had promised Wei Ying that I would bring an end to all of this.

"There is no need to rush the wedding. There months is can passed by quite quickly if we take things a little slow"

Her eyes narrowed at me before widening as if nothing happened. She is acting so suspicious. She is hiding something.

"If that is what Hanguang Jun wishes, then that is what we will do. I will write to my father about this"

"Thank you for your patience, lady Qin Yang. Please excuse me, as I have matters to attend to"

I exited her chambers and went straight to the frost chamber to tell xiongzhang about this. Maybe we might have the upper hand in this situation.