chapter 14

Wei wuxian pov

"Wei ying, I'll be back soon. Wait for me and take care of yourself"

His warm hand caressed my cheek gently under the warm sun. Lan zhan was assigned by Zewu Jun to investigate the rebellion at the eastern sea. He won't be back for a few months at least or a year at most.

"Wei ying, if you ever encounter any hardship, be sure to inform mother. She promised me to take care of you"

He pulled me close to his chest and embraced me. His hand rubbed my back and stopped at my waist.

"Don't worry, Lan zhan. I won't let anyone bully me while your gone. You know me"

He huffed into my hair. I released myself from his embrace. He won't be going anywhere if we continue.

"Go Lan zhan, I swear I will take care of myself"

I raised three fingers and placed my right hand on my heart. He smiled gently and leaned in, gently kissing my forehead before turning around and leaving.

I watched as his snow white robes swayed as he walked down the hall and disappeared after taking a turn.

Lan zhan, you must take care of yourself too. I don't know what I will do if you came back injured or....

"Disciple Wei"

Yu huan called from behind me, carrying a tray.

"Would you like to help me sort the tea leaves? You have no classes today after all"

She could be ordering me since she knew that I had time to spare. But she didn't, she asked me even when she knew she had the power to. Unlike someone at home.

"Sure"

For the past hours I was in the tea house, sorting out the endless bag filled to the brim with tea leaves. The aroma was strong, producing a strong medicinal smell around the room. Yu huan was chatting away while sorting them, never stopping to complain about it.

Turns out most of the herbs used in Cloud Recesses were not bought but farmed. There is a huge farm just a few miles away from the Recesses, farming various of herbs and vegetables.

At the end of each harvest, Zewu Jun will personally visit the farms and reward teh farmers for their hardwork. 70 percent of the harvest will be send to the local markets while the remaining will be sent to the Recesses.

Our conversation slowly involved as the time passed, we talked about everything. Yu huan shared some of her life stories.

She is a fox spirit and slowly cultivated to a goddess when she reached 1000 years old. Her parents were ordinary fox spirits that roamed the outskirts of Gusu.

She met Lan Xichen before he was conferred to as Zewu Jun. She talked about the hundreds of years they shared together before finally getting married.

Her story warmed me. Not everyone was lucky enough to meet their soulmate in live.

"Wei Ying"

I looked up when she called my birth name. My hands were filled with tea leaves and I didn't want to drop them because it would messed up all the sorting out I did.

"Wangji loves you, I see it in his eyes everyday when he sees you"

She says while sorting out her pile. Her eyes occasionally looking up at me.

"I had seen you two meeting in secret in the garden and the library"

I avoided her gaze at that. I knew someone knew about our type relationship but never really cared before. She smiled at me before continuing.