chapter 11

Jiang yanli pov

"A-xian, where are you running to"

He kept running towards the forest, never slowing down to catch a breath. I hiked up my skirt to go after him, I was getting tired after chasing him for half an hour.

"A-xian, go slower. I am tired"

He kept running away and was getting faster. I called out for him but he seem to not hear it. We reached a clearing and saw a cliff. A-xian finally stopped and turned around. He was smiling at me.

"A-xian, it's so beautiful here"

He kept smiling and staring at me. I took a step towards him and he took a step backwards. My eyes brows furrowed at his action.

"A-xian, come to shijie's side"

I reached for him and to take his hand but he kept backing away.

"A-xian, what are you trying to do"

He kept backing away until he was only a few feet away from the cliff. Confusion was starting to be evident on my face.

"A-xian, come here. It is dangerous there"

I reached out my hand for him. He smiled and turned around before diving down. I ran towards the cliff before screaming.

"A-xian!!"

He was smiling while falling deeper and deeper into the dark pit.

"A-xian"

I shooked my head and sit straight up, my robe was wet with my sweat. I looked towards my bedroom window to see the moon shining brightly in the night sky.

"A-xian"

I brought my knees up to my chest as I thought back to the dream. It's been a month A-xian, where are you?

_______________________________________

Wei wuxian pov

Cloud recesses was awfully quiet like most days but today something seems a bit off. The disciples were the same as always, stoic yet steadfast in duty. My arm went into my outer robe and touch the fabric pouch that contain the bracelet.

The memories from two days ago floated back into me. His warmth surrounding me in the middle of the deep sea. It felt as if time had stopped around us, everything felt so perfect.

"Could it be...."

The warmth in my chest was starting to get a little bit unbearable. Hanguang Jun, Lan Zhan, why do you look so perfect in my mind right now ?

I didn't know how I made way to Madame Lan's pavillion, I was coming here quite often now a days. Madame Lan was there, sewing something on the stone table and next to her was a basket full of colourful threads.

She looked towards my direction and smiled.

"Wei Ying, come sit with me"

I nodded my head and went to sit next to the divine goddess. I placed my sword on the empty bench. She kept on sewing the blue gentians on her embroidery hoop.

I watched as her the silver needle in her hand pierced through the pearly white silk, pulling a strand of blue through before retreating back, pulling the thread through to form a simple yet uniform stitch.

"Madame, it's beautiful"

She smiled at me before continuing. I can watch her see for the whole day, it's relaxing to see the stitches slowing  a petal. I was starting to get jealous of her skill. Back in Lotus Pier, shijie had tried to teach me but it was hopeless. Instead of sewing a scene of lotuses, I ended up sewing a wilting flower of some sort.