chapter 10

Madame Lan pov

"Hanguang Jun had left with disciple Wei this morning to dispel some water spirits"

I nodded my head and waved my hand. He bowed and left. A smile found a way to my face when I was left alone. My Wangji has taken liking to this mortal boy, not to mention my late friend's son.

The tea today was exceptionally sweet which was quite rare. Often I was served bitter tea which usually ruined my mood for the day. But today was different, everything was different in a good way, no bitter tea and no groggily mornings.

"Yin'er"

A gentle deep voice called from the door. A tall figure dressed in white and azure blue came into view, obsidian black hair cascaded down his black, like an inky water fall.

"Mo Yun"

I called after him and ushered for him to sit infront of me. I poured cup of tea for him which was just freshly brewed a few minutes ago. He sat down and took a sip of the tea.

"Anything to share"

He shook his head gently before replying.

"Wangji and Xichen, are pleasing me day by day"

I smiled at the thought of my sons, they never fail to disappoint anyone. Ever since the day Xichen took the title as the lord of the sky, he had been nothing but what his father wanted him to be.

Wangji on the other hand was no different, he was much stronger than everyone expected. At the age of 500, he was appointed the lord of water and been given duties to control what lies underneath the waters. He may not be the most powerful being in the world but his actions are as if he is.

"The fire tribe has been me out these days"

I swallowed the urge to mentally roll my eyes. What trouble could they have caused now ?

"What's wrong ?"

"A few days ago, Huo Xuan came with his daughter. He proposed for Wangji marry Qin Yang and said that he would look past out before misunderstanding s if we do"

My fingers clenched around the porcelain tea cup in my hands. That's absurd, how dare he offer his own daughter for his own benefit.

"What was Qin Yang's reaction towards this ?"

"Neutral"

I scoffed at that snake. It would be no surprise if she was also a sucker for power like her father. I knew she was trouble from the moment she was born, that whiny brat would stop at nothing to get what she wants. I just hoped that Wangji would to push her away and see through her innocent disguise.

_______________________________________

Wei Ying pov

"It is said that once every thousand years, the mighty god of the sun, Hexian will shed a year for his wife Liyue , the mighty goddess of the moon. During the formation of the universe, Hexian deeply in love with Liyue and wanted to spend every moment of his life with her"

"Their deep affection was something to be admired. However, with the presence of the sun and moon together it brought chaos to the world.  This brought Hexian into deep consideration, to chooses between his lover and children"

"At last, Hexian chose his children over his lover and bowed that he shall never see her again to balance the world"

"The act of selflessness is something that beings in the world should follow, no matter the situation"