Chapter 3: Opening Up?

Ashley's POV

"Oh no I didn't mean to make you cry please don't cry" the cocky smirk on his face is immediately wiped away in sync with my first tear.

Tears rolled uncontrollably down my face. All the memories suddenly flood back and I couldn't hold my emotions back anymore. I needed to open up to someone but I couldn't.

I ran to the wash room covering my face with my hands.

The guy at the bar's POV

Oh my gosh what have I done. I made her cry. But I won't back out now, this is my shit to fix. She ran to the washroom, ugh couldn't she find an accessible place to do this? Whatever I'm going in.

"I'm so sorry miss?"

"A-ashley" she stutters while sobbing

Dear lord I feel so bad, when did I have any feelings anyways? Why do I care? This is weird. But some thing's still pushing me to question her more.

I feel like she needs someone at the moment.

"Hey, you can tell me anything, I really can help you. You probably think I'm a jerk now, opening up to a jerk would still be better than crying your eyes out though."

"I really don't know if I should trust you with this nor why my gut's asking me to confide in you. But I really need to get this off my chest so I guess I have no choice do I?"

"I guess not, but the washroom isn't exactly the place for this, wana go someplace quiet?"

Ashley's POV

Why the hell am I about to tell him about the most hurtful thing about my past? Him? A complete stranger whose been nothing but an asshole towards me? I really don't know, and am I going to stop? No.

"Yeah let's go to the park a few minutes away from here" I suggest

I text maddie and ella telling them I'm leaving for a few for them not to worry. Then I leave with him. How do I trust him? Oh my God I'm so dumb. But I guess now that I'm at the park with him, alone, in the middle of the night, there's no turning back.

We sit on a bench and he breaks the silence.

"So? What has your ex done that pains you this much? And what does you drinking have to do with it?"

My eyes water again but I hold back my tears and start.

"Are you sure you wana know? I mean you really don't have to listen to my story"

"You think I'd be here if I didn't want to?"

"Okay, as you wish, it all started in senior year, in highschool. I lived in Germany, Frankfurt to be exact. During the first week of school, I got closer to my lab partner, and when the second semester started, we were already dating. I loved him, so so much and trusted him with anything and everything. I thought he was going to be the person that I'd continue my life with. That was until I called him and told him I was leaving Germany for college. He yelled at me over the phone, I was scared, I've never seen him this mad before, he only thought about himself, didn't give a second thought to what would be better for my future."

"What a douchebag. Tell me that's where you dump him."

"Oh- I- no I don't dump him, I tell him to come over so we can talk this out."

"Ashley are you kidding me?! You just told me this was the first time you've seen him this angry and that you were scared and that he was yelling at you, and the first thing you decide to do is INVITE HIM OVER?!"