Chapter 10: Erika

I try on my other outfit and eye myself in the graffiti-decorated mirror that faced me. I absolutely loved it. Yep, this is definitely what I'm wearing on my first day of college.

I step outside cocky-ly and look at Erika questioningly before i start twirling in attempt to show off what i had on.

She chuckled and studied me for a few seconds.

"I'm buying that for you, you look jaw-dropping!" she opens up her jaw mimicking the stares she thinks I'll be getting.

We both laugh.

"I can tell we'll be great friends. You're here for college?" I question

"I've lived in LA my whole life actually, but I'm also in college here, at UCLA."

"Really? Me too! That's so cool we'll definitely be friends then." I smile

"I like you already. Now take that off I'm paying for it. Consider it a welcome to LA gift." she stares at me daring me to reject her offer.

And naturally, I did.

"Like hell you are! I'm paying for my own clothes, you don't have do buy me anything." I don't like having people spend money on me so I obviously decline her gift.

"You're a sweetheart though, but I can't accept that." I conclude trying to sound as grateful as I could

"I'm not taking no for an answer." she pouts

We argue for a couple minutes before I give in, but under my own conditions of course:

"You pay for my outfit, I pay for yours."

She thinks about it for a couple seconds before a toothy grin appears on her face "Deal, but I haven't picked an outfit yet."

"That's a job for Maddie." I reply

"Whose Maddie?" she asks

"Maddie and Stella, my two bestfriends." I point at them "Let me introduce you guys, follow me."

She follows me up to the girls.

I introduce my friends to Erika and they seemed to vibe really well.

"Now let me choose that outfit for you, what's your style preference?" says Mad

They discuss Erika's style before maddie concluded that she knew exactly what to get her. A few minutes later she comes back and throws some items at Erika pushing her towards the fitting rooms all excited.

I'm glad they like her.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Shawn's POV:

The flickering lights were blinding. Bodies were squeezed closely together, rhythmically going up and down. Alcohol was pumped inside heated veins. All I could make out was the clattering of glass cups and shots, gulping of exotic drinks, and drunk laughter or arguments. Everything else was muted by the loud banging music.

Everything

Even my own thoughts.

And sometimes, I needed this.

I needed to run away from my own thoughts.

The endless questions roaming inside my head haunted me every single day.

Life somehow always manages to surprise me. I never understood this. It's been 16 years and I still can't wrap my head around it.

Why her.