Chapter 9:An Acquaintance

A couple days later:

Ashley's POV:

The past couple days were peaceful. No surprises, nothing new. It was currently Sunday. Tommorow was our first day at UCLA. I mean I was excited for sure, but this was overpowered by how nervous I was. First day of college... that was a pretty big day and I wanted to make a good first impression.

But! Since it was our last day of summer vacation, Maddie Stel and I are going shopping. We lived for outings like this and we were in LA!! How fun was that going to be :)

I went and took a quick cold shower before putting on an oversized beige sweater with some long white socks and kicks. I swiftly rubbed my wet hair with a towel while leaning towards my nightstand reaching for my phone. Someone was calling me.

I didn't have the contact saved

"Hello"

No answer, just some shuffling on the other end of the call.

"Hello, who is this?" I repeat

"Do it every tuesday. " an old man's voice abruptly filled the tension.

"What? Do what?"

Noone answers, again.

"I think you have the wrong number." I conclude, and as I opt to end the call he speaks again.

"No I don't."

He pauses for a hot minute.

"...Ashley"  and with that, he ends the call himself.

I chuckle weirdly. What the heck was this. I didn't give it much attention, it was probably just a prank call or something. I didn't care.

I put my phone down to put some golden chains around my neck. I tied my hair in a loose ponytail and topped my outfit off with a small trendy bag in which I slipped my phone, wallet and a chapstick.

The fit

I sprayed some bath and body works "dark kiss" body mist on and headed downstairs  to wait for the girls

I went to the kitchen and grabbed the bagels i had prepared last night. I placed three in the microwave and picked up some cream cheese from the fridge. After spreading it on the now hot bread I sprinkle some dried raisins on top. I eat mine while watching some TV show and place the other 2 near the sink for maddie and stel to have when they come down.

"Hey girly" maddie jogs into the kitchen wearing a red sports bra with gray sweats, a hoodie dangling off the side of her arm.

"Morning blondie, took you long enough" I turn around and eye her, a bored expression on my face before ambling back into the kitchen and sitting on the bar.

"It takes time to look this good b" she answers

"Typical! I saw this coming you narcissistic bitch" I laugh

She pouts "If you see me as narcissistic I can now understand why you'd hate yourself." She spits acting all guilty and sympathetic.

Dang did she know how to get on my nerves this early in the morning.

"Very funny mad, I made you a bagel but I'm now reconsidering whether or not to eat it myself." I joke

She pecks me on the cheek a toothy grin on her face before sliding her arm to the other side of the counter to grab the bagel.

I roll my eyes "You're welcome!" I say as I make my way to the living room again.

Stella was now here. She was vegged on the couch and she looked like shit. She had some white biker shorts on matched with a huge lilac tee. She looked up at me with cold eyes and offered me a weak smile.

Crouching down beside her I ask her what's wrong. She turns her phone on and veers it my way pointing down at the date; September 23.

I stand up in recognition. It was their anniversary... I never liked this kid. And he definitely gave me one more reason not to. Stella was never going to forgive him. Alaric was a scumbag, and the day I had planned for us was not going to be ruined because of him, not on my watch.

I head back to the kitchen to inform maddie. She grabs some ice cream from our freezer and I run up to my room to pick up some warm fuzzy blankets. We both sit on either sides of the couch ingulfing Stella with positive energy before having her pick a comedy.

Halfway into the movie, we'd already had several laugh attacks and the rosiness in stel's cheeks was now back. She was clearly feeling better. This movie was absolutely hilarious!

Two hours later

The normal Stella was back and it was time for us to hit the mall. I grabbed my car keys off the ceramic bowl and headed downstairs to our garage. I insert the keys and play some hyping song on the radio before driving to the mansion's main entrance. Stella rides shotgun and Madison gets in the back. I drive off all excited.

"We need pretty outfits for our first day of college!" blurts out Stel

"Definitely. We need to look good. First impressions matter and we all could use a love life" Answers maddie

We all chuckle; she was right. We really could.

We reach the mall. First thing we do is head to chipotle. It was lunch time and we craved chicken bowls. Half an hour goes by. It was delicious.

We get up and start our search for the perfect first-day-of-school outfits.

Walking through all the modern shops, one exotic trendy one caught our attention. We went in and started trying outfits on, everything fitted our styles perfectly, i could tell we were going to find the right fits here.

A few minutes later I came out of the fitting room and called maddie and stel. They were at the other side of the shop so they couldn't hear me. A young mixed girl with big caramel eyes looked me up and down.

"You look pretty, they fit you really well." her soothing voice flatters me, she was sweet.

"Thank you! You look gorgeous too" I smile at her.

As I was closing the curtains again I plop my head out: "I'm Ashley by the way."

"Erika"

___________________________________

Was the phone call actually a prank? Who was Erika? Was she going to be Ashley's new friend in LA? Find out in chapter 10! x