Chapter 11: Alex Parvis - Blood Mage

"Oh my she's waking up"
"Rythian!"

Bonnie stirred from her sleep, however as she woke in an unknown room, she instinctively jumped to defend herself.

Clutching her side, which was now wrapped in clean bandages, she looked into the shocked eyes of a dark haired man who wore glasses, a green shirt and tie. A potion in his hand, he held his hands up in submission.

"Take it easy Bonnie, I mean you no harm" he said softly trying to calm her.
But Bonnie full of adrenaline and shock. Slowly but surely, she brought a fireball to her hand, it was good to have magic back after those months in the cell.

Taking aim at the potion master, Bonnie let the blue and green flame flow around her hand, it burned with new power, her refocused manna reflected in the flames.
Dark manna was powerful, filling Bonnie with strength, like nothing she had ever felt before.

"Bonnie NO!"
Breaking her concentration from the scared potion master, Bonnie turned to see Rythian at the doorway of the room. The Blood Mage from the prison break, held up the Mage his dark gaze firmly on Bonnie.
Dropping her arms Bonnie felt pain returning from her wounds, the strength from her magic outburst gone.

Falling to her knees the apprentice sobbed in fear and confusion.

Rythian, with the help of Parv, walked to Bonnie's side and Rythian knelt in front of her. Cupping her chin with his hand he lifted her head, to look into her odd coloured eyes.

"Your alright, your safe now. I understand your scared, magic built up of the last three months is just waiting to be released, I understand" the Mage explained softly.

Bonnie relaxed and her tears stopped, then she finally had the chance to take in her surroundings.

The bed she had woke in was on the back wall of a small stone room, it was set up like a small medical room, blood stained bandages and gauze in the bin in the corner.

Sunshine shone into the room via frosted glass windows that lit the room, light! Light after months in the dark.

Bonnie stood up and wiped the tears from her cheeks, she then turned to the man she had almost attacked. He still looked shocked by the whole experience.
"I'm sorry" she apologised and his face softened, "No worries, good job you listened to Ryth through, or I would be fried right now".
At least he seen the funny side.

Rythian also stood up and leant on Parv for support, "Bonnie this is Nilsey, he helped to heal both of us, sadly our wounds will take a bit to heal". Bonnie's eyes widened at the potion masters name, another of the Undesirables but unlike the wicked stories she had been told about him, he had tended to her wounds and now smiled at her, his grin friendly and welcoming.

"Nice to meet you Bonnie, thanks for looking after our Rythian" Nilsey said with a nod of his head. Bonnie tried to return a smile but she didn't trust him, like she trusted the Enderborn after their three month captivity.

Bonnie looked back at Rythian and studied the many bandages on his frame and his purple eyes were ringed with dark circles. Running into the mages chest, she wrapped her arms around his body.

Rythian rather shocked by the sudden interaction looked at Nilsey and Parv over Bonnie's shoulder and they just shrugged. With a sigh Rythian returned the hug and allowed the young witch to sob into his cloak.

-~-

After leaving Bonnie, Rythian sat in the living room of the rebuilt Blackrock base, Zoey at his side, her red hair bright against his dark cloak, as she lay on his chest.

"I'm so happy you are back home Rythian" she muttered softly.
Smiling under his bandana the Enderborn chuckled, "I'm happier".

At that moment Teep walked into the room closely followed by Lomadia and Nilsey.
"Sorry to intrude" Nilsey apologised seeming the two.