Chapter 1

(Bens POV:)
I never meant for any of this to happen. I thought we could defeat Palpatine, together. But I was weak. I never made it back in time. By the time I had gotten out of the hole, Rey was unresponsive and dying. Yes, Palpatine was dead. It was a relief that his tyranny was over but at the cost of Rey? I would rather him win than to lose Rey.

Struggling to move, I had to drag myself over to her limp body. She wasn't breathing. I held onto her begging the force to spare her, to take me instead. I felt a rush of loneliness and fear as I held her close to my chest. I had to save her, no matter the cost. Placing my hand on her abdomen I began to concentrate on the force, drawing all of the power from my body to hers. I felt weak but relieved when I felt movement in my arms.

And there she was, smiling at me.

Rey sat up and smiled at me. She was still in my arms, just nestled a little closer.

"Ben."

And as she said those words we got closer and closer until our lips crashed together. The kiss was passionate and full of love. It was a perfect moment. It was just Rey and I, enemies turned comrades turned lovers. As we pulled away I felt the biggest grin appear on my face and Rey smiled in response. It was a moment of blissful happiness.

And then everything went dark.
  - - -
I woke up sometime later with a killer headache and an aching back. As I started to come back to my senses I began to notice my surroundings. I was lying down on a cot shirtless. My entire torso was bandaged and little red marks were strewn across the bandages, showing signs that I was badly hurt.

"We can't keep him here," I heard a someone whisper.

"He is hurt, Finn. I will take care of him and the second that he is better we will leave. He has changed but clearly you can't see that." It was Rey.

Rey must have sensed that I was awake because she stopped talking and rushed to my side. She went to touch my face but on instinct, I jerked away.

"Rey, where am I?" I said fearful. I wasn't used to being this vulnerable. FN-2187 was right there. The traitor. I was his leader before he escaped and now him seeing me like this was shameful.

"You almost died, Ben. You were so close to dying I could feel your life force slipping away. I had to give you some of my life force in order to keep you stable enough for the flight home," Rey said through tears. She looked down at my torso and began to change the dressings. Finn just looked down at the floor and walked off, it was clear that he was upset.

"Rey, why would you save me?"

Rey stopped working for a second and looked at my med charts. Sighing she grabbed my hand and squeezed. She gave me a sad smile and finished up changing my dressings.

  "We are going to leave as soon as you are better. I need to make a public announcement tomorrow to the galaxy to announce that Palpatine is dead so Rose will take care of you tomorrow."

"Rey, I'm not a child. I can take care of-"

"NO YOU CAN'T," Rey screamed. "I ALMOST LOST YOU, BEN. YOU WERE SO CLOSE THAT YOU LITERALLY STARTED TO DISAPPEAR. BEN YOU NEED TO STAY SAFE. I can't lose you again," Rey said as she dried her tears.

Groaning as I got up, I sat down on the floor next to Rey and held her in my arms as she cried. I began to notice how stressed she was. Her hair was an absolute mess and her clothes still had blood on it. She hadn't left my side. She was covered in my blood.

I started to stroke her hair which calmed her down. I felt her slowly fall asleep in my arms and I smiled. She was so peaceful when she slept.

"Goodnight Rey," I said as I kissed her forehead.

Hey Guys!!
  So yeah. New year, new book. New year, new depression. NEW YEAR MEANS WE RAID J.J. ABRAMS HOUSE AND DEMAND THAT HE GIVE US THE HAPPY ENDING THAT BEN DESERVES. I'm emotionally dead after TROS. Anyway, here is my update schedule:
I will update twice a week (Monday and Friday) and if I have time, I will have more chapters out but definitely on Monday and Friday.

May the force be with you!!
- Reylo-Solo
(Follow my Instagram for story updates lmao)
Insta - @reylo_solo