Vote Results

So the Syndicate option won by a landslide. My last tally check was at around 30 votes as opposed to 8 for 'as is' and 4 for 'either is fine'.

I want to clarify some things about what implanting the Syndicate into this 2.0 version means as there was a lot of confusion.

• First, The Blackbourne And Toma teams will still remain the current love interests in the 2.0 version. Callaia's OG harem will not be revealed until I begin the process of publishing this book, with the exception of Nightshade and Declan.

• Second, The Syndicate will entirely engulf the Academy in the 2.0 version. What this means:
- The Academy will not exist.
- The plot will not change because of this transition. The plot right now with the Academy was made with the transition in mind. The current interactions about the academy will be identical as that has always been Callaia's storyline.
- Ivan Sosa, is said to have been a legendary member of the Academy. The story is identical except the Syndicate is his 'group' instead.
- Though The Syndicate is very different from the academy and will seem impossible for certain characters to be a part of, REMEMBER: I have my reasons and a plan for these situations. I will not answer your questions about it BECAUSE it will be explained. It's part of the plot. Just be patient.

•Third, realize that The Syndicate is NOT a twist on the academy. It's slightly insulting for you guys to 'hope' or 'insist' that it is. I worked very hard on this storyline. I've spent days upon days on both Callaia's Foundation and on the harem's Syndicate alone. That's not including character backstories down to her minor relatives or the fourteen book story plot outlines. Please appreciate my hard work for what it is and respect that this story is branching away from the academy and that just because a RH book has a spy theme it isn't all copying C.L's work. Spies work relatively the same. As does YouTube and google research. I don't hear anyone confusing Taken with Bond even though they use similar technology and methodology. Perhaps this makes me oversensitive as a person, but please respect me enough to not lump together my original characters with Sang or the academy men, nor my organizations with the academy. Callaia and Sang aren't even close to the same and do not even have the same experiences. If it must be clarified, I've actually based both the Syndicate and the Foundation (I.V.A.N.) on military concepts. The code the Syndicate goes by isn't like the academy one. I based it off of USA military training I've learned through personal research and friends who are military. The 'live by the code' comes from how in USA boot camps they 'strip them down and rebuild them how they want'. They make boys into men and civilians into soldiers. Which echoes back to Callaia as her grandfather taught her using Syndicate methods.

•And finally, The Foundation and The Syndicate are not the same. One is Callaia's and the other is United Nations. I think I confused the crap out of you guys with how I worded that 😂 sorry about that 🖤

I'm going to spend the next few days editing what's already been posted. I ask that when I publish the next chapter you reread at least the second and third parts as I'll be changing out the academy aspects for Syndicate ones.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am for this 🖤🖤 I finally get to play with my world and I'm so grateful most of you are as ready for that leap as I am.

- Brooke