6• Spy Versus Spy

This gorgeous cover was designed and created by @romymayxShe's phenomenal 🖤🖤🌐

She's phenomenal 🖤🖤
🌐

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚘𝚜𝚊 𝙴𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎

𝟹 𝚊.𝚖.

I shoot up out of bed, panting and delirious. The remnants of my dream linger in the hard to reach corners of my mind. Sobs are muffled as I scream into my pillow, trying to ride the wave of terror that always hits me like a machete - abruptly and sharply. It's borderline piercing, almost agonizing. The cacophony makes me dizzy, throwing me in a whirlpool of memories and reality.

"Wake up."

Is this now my life? To be haunted by the dead, by my failures, in the moments I'm finally able to rest? I push up on the bed, swaying as I try to catch my bearings. My legs still are in the dream world, heavy and unresponsive.

"Calla! Wake up! They're coming!"

I fall back down on my bed with a breathless gasp, fingers clenching the newly made sheets that are sweaty now and sticking to my skin. One moment, I'm in the moonlit room I grew up in at the Sosa Estate, in another, I'm in a cold damp cell that smells of death. There's only a single thin sliver of a window high above our heads. It shows the muddy roads just outside where the rain pours into our prison like a sewage drain.

I can feel my skin deteriorating on my feet from being in the water for so long. It's peeling away in layers like my sanity. Where it peels away is raw and tender, but the cold chill of the rain that's been pouring in endlessly for four days now is bone chilling and numbing. I know it hurts, but I can't quite seem to comprehend it in my near hypothermic state.

My body is lowered down, propped up against the slimy concrete walls that corner us on all sides. My eyes crack open, too weak to open fully, to see Walter coughing into his ruined shirt as he bangs on the concrete walls desperately," Help! Help us! She's sick! Please, have mercy!"