❧ V ❧

Changing his contact in her phone from “Luke❤” to “Luke Hemmings” didn’t change anything. It actually made Sophia feel worse because it reminded her that she didn’t talk to him anymore. Not talking to him didn’t work either; it made her realize more and more how much she really did love him. But she wouldn’t let herself call him and apologize, and get back together. She wasn’t sure why.

         The worst thing to happen in the past three and a half months since he left was that Luke had stopped calling her, texting, and leaving voicemails all together. After realizing how effective her voicemail to him had been, she kind of wished she could take it back, because his voicemails had made it all hurt less. Now it sort of felt like he had stopped caring, not just stopped calling.

         He seemed happy every time she saw him on stage, playing guitar, singing, and smiling, or answering questions in interviews, laughing at the stupid things his band mates did.

         There were some performances and interviews that her friends and mother wouldn’t let her watch. She wasn’t sure why since they would never tell her, and she didn’t bother asking, even though she wanted to know more than anything. She couldn’t even come up with any theories as to why.

         “Sophia? You in here?” Her mother’s voice calls, her head poking around the doorframe. Sophia sits on her bed, lost in her thoughts about everything. “You need to get out of this house and hang out with your friends or something. Stop moping around over that boy. You did break up with him, honey. I know you really liked him; it’s still not too late to get him back.”

         “Okay, Mum. Thanks. I’ll call Maeve,” Sophia replies with a sigh, picking up her phone and texting Maeve. A few minutes later, there’s a knock on the door, and Sophia hears her mother greeting Maeve before she can even make it to the stairs.

         “Hey Sophia!” Maeve says with a big grin. Luke was right; Maeve was a lot like Ashton. They both laugh and smile a lot, and are always in really happy moods. Heck, they’re practically the same person.

         “Hey Maeve,” Sophia replies, attempting to return the smile.

         “Yeah, I’m definitely taking you out,” Maeve says mostly to herself, “I know you’re upset about Luke, but you need to try and let it go. Smile because it happened,” Maeve makes a face, “Wow I just got deep.”

         “Where are we going?” Sophia asks warily.

         “Well, I was thinking we could go to the mall, have a girls day. I hope you don’t mind that I invited Lucy and Claire. We just really get along well because they understand what I’m going through, since we’re all going through the same thing, and I know we can all understand you,” Maeve explains, still smiling hugely.

         Lucy is Calum’s girlfriend; not long after Maeve and Ashton got together, Lucy moved in next door to Calum, she’s from America and somehow, they ended up getting together.

         Claire is Michael’s girlfriend; they were actually really close friends for a while until they ended up getting together. Michael has been a bad influence on her; sometimes the skip class to hang out, and sometimes Claire sneaks out her window to hang out with him. Well not much anymore, since he’s been away on tour, but you get the picture.

         It actually turns out to be a really fun girls’ day out, until they stop for lunch and end up eating pizza. It sounds stupid but it makes Sophia feel upset all over again.

         “Sophia? You okay?” Lucy asks with a slice of pizza in her hand.

         “Yeah…it’s just…pizza is Luke’s favorite food.” Sophia answers, feeling her face turning red and looking down at her feet.

         “I know,” Claire says, nodding in agreement, “Michael loves pizza too.”

         “Sophia, you know it’s never too late to bring yourself back to him,” Maeve says knowingly.

         “Nothing lasts forever, though, and nothing stays the same. I’m afraid it won’t be the same if I go back to him, and that it’ll end anyway amidst all the drama of being the girlfriend of ¼ of a famous band.” Sophia responds sadly, taking a bite of her piece of pizza and thinking about how Luke would love to be sitting here, eating pizza with her, and she’d love for him to be here, too.

❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧