Chapter Two

Above we have this dash of majesty as the one and only Lucius Black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my room doing my homework when I heard a knock on my door. I sighed because I knew who it would be and then I continued what I was doing, ignoring the knock on the door.

"Open the door!" Evie commanded but I ignored her and continued my activity.

I didn't have time for her childish tactics that I've grown used to. She's been in this family for ten years so I didn't need an extra year to know what she was gonna say.

"Your disturbing my peace. I won't dream of appearing in your party and ruining it for you!" I shouted so she would hear me over the banging before I heard her scoff and leave.

I continued my homework till I was done. I looked at how bright the moon was and felt it would be a shame going to bed early. Afterall, the night was the only time I was free to choose my own activity.

I was wearing my red, black and green check pajamas with socks and a fluffy footwear. I wore my woolen sweater before I stepped out of the room towards the study.

I checked to see the halls were empty before I entered the study. I ignored all the books on the shelf before I went to the piano that I saw laid out for use.

I smiled at the memories of my father teaching me how to play as he sang When we walk with the Lord for me with his beautiful baritone voice I no longer heard ever since he married Evie.

I sat down and opened the case before I played a few notes then I cracked my fingers and started playing When we walk with the lord and started singing the hymn.

🎵When we walk with the lord, in the light of his word, what a glory he sheds on our way! While we do his good will, he abides with us still and with those who still trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey. 🎵

I sang with my soul and then when I was done, I felt a slight tug in my heart but I was distracted by the sound of applause from a pair of hands.

I turned my head swiftly and was stunned by the most gorgeous man I've ever seen in my life.

He had dark lavender hair with a few grey streaks, cold, dominant grey eyes, a well shaped nose, defined jaws, a strong glare and a muscular body that received proper grooming.

He was really tall like my dad except he was probably a 6'7 and a half. He had this aura around him that proved to be dangerous and frightening yet it forcefully pulled me in, in a gentle manner.

"Your really talented. The music industry could use someone as raw and refreshing as you." He said his opinion before he took a step making me to stand up and take two steps back.

He paused his movements and looked at me like he was surprised why a kid like me would be afraid of him but I wasn't scared, I was being cautious.

"Do you fear me?" He asked as his eyes strayed into my own eyes as I enjoyed his deep voice.

"No." I responded softly before he took a step forward and I took one back.

"You don't fear me but yet you still run."

"You shouldn't be here. If my dad sees me here his going to get really mad." I responded as I bit my nails.

I clearly enjoyed looking at the handsome man but if my dad found out that I had been discovered by a public eyes that wasn't working for him, he would lock me in my room and increase security. Remembering it happen again made me anxious.

"Why?" He asked as he slowly took another step closer but this time I was too worried to notice his steps.

"Because it's for my own protection, that's all I know. Please leave and don't tell anyone you saw me." I requested before I used my hand to cover my ears and closed my eyes.

I was slightly shivering in worry when I felt a strong but gentle grip on both my arms before it was brought down and my chin was lifted into the strangers dominate gaze.

"Is your father Mr Wood?" He asked before his second hand touched my soft, silky hair.

I nodded unable to find words as the stranger stared at me. He then removed his hand from my chin before he smiled.

"There's nothing to worry. I was personally invited by him." He responded he placed me on the piano's chair.

"What is your name?" He asked and then I shyly blushed because he was the first stranger I had made contact with in twelve years of my life.

"Lyric. You?" I asked innocently before I looked at my hands that had been anxiously waiting for a response.

"I'm Lucius. You seem so shy." He pointed out making me to blush in embarrassment.

"S-sorry, it's not much I get to s-see someone n-new." I responded but mentally scolded myself for stuttering too much.

I expected him to embarrass me like I saw in the movies but he laughed and patted my hair which confused me slightly.

"Why didn't you... Never mind." I quickly spoke before I turned my back to him.

"Tell me dear." He requested and then I turned my front to him.

"In the movies if s-someone s-stutters, they make fun of them." I told him and then he looked at me like I said something embarrassed. "I knew I shouldn't have asked."

"You don't really go out much." He stated as I removed my hands from my face.

"I don't go at all." I responded and then his interest seemed to pick up.

"Are you sick?" I shook my head to his question before he smirked.

"I don't know why but my dad said its not safe out there but I think his wrong." I explained before he thought for a moment.

"His right but it doesn't mean the world doesn't have a safe side. There's only two side in a coin and each of them can't exist without the other." He explained before I smiled at his explanation.

"I guess your right. It'll be weird if coins had three legs." I told him and then he laughed at my childish nature.

We were both talking about random things when I heard the door open. I felt my heart beating fast but I kept calm as I sat beside Lucius who seemed to be observing.

I looked up to see my dad and Evie smiling at each other before they looked forward and frowned when they saw me and Lucius.

"Lyric what are you doing here?" Dad asked me as he tried to hide the tension in his voice.

I was about to respond when Lucius decided to take matters into his hands.

"I apologize Mr Wood. I was waiting here just as you requested when I bumped into your son. His really intelligent and I feel he has convinced me on working with your lovely wife." He told dad before he stood up and shook his hand.

"I'm sorry we got sidetracked, there's just a lot of guests." Dad apologized but his eyes was trailed on me before back at Lucius.

"Please don't be angry at your son. I take full responsibility." He continued before dad sighed and then walked up to me.

I felt my heart beating and then he patted my shoulders before he bent down to my shoulder level.

"Thank you son. It's late, go to your room and sleep, we can talk in the morning." My dad said gently with a smile on his face before I unconsciously smiled and walked pass them.

When I got to the door, I looked at Lucius who looked at me then winked when my dad and Evie weren't paying attention before I felt my face turn red and I quickly left the study and ran to my room.

I leaned on the door before I slowly sat down on the ground as I held my chest.

This was the first time I had ever felt like this. My heart was beating beyond, my breath shortened, my face was red and my body felt hot. I don't know what this was but I had to describe it in one simple sentence.

It was amazing.