Chapter Thirteen

Lyric
I ran to my room with tears falling down my face. I ignored Cairo calling out my name as my heart started to squeeze in pain.

No matter how many times I denied it or how many males I kissed, it wouldn't change the fact that the only person in my mind, the only I couldn't forget, the one I love is Lucius Lyon.

Why was I crying like a girl over a guy that meant nothing to me? I was so pathetic for crying over Lucius. I have decided to move on with Cairo and as long as I stayed with him, I would slowly love him.

"White your getting distracted again!" Laura scolded me as I snapped out of my daze and looked at Carver who had a concerned look on his face.

"We're taking a ten minutes break." Carver said before everyone stopped what they were doing for a break.

"White you come with me." Carver demanded and then he took my hand into his and dragged me out of the clubroom.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Carver walked pass people.

"Somewhere calm." He said and then we kept silent.

He brought me to the roof of the building before he locked the door and then sat down close to the railing.

"Tell me what's on your mind." Carver requested as he patted the side close to him.

I walked there and sat down before I looked into his eyes that was waiting for a response. I sighed before I stretched my legs as I massaged my laps.

"The person I'm in love with came back but he hurt me too much that I don't want to see him." I explained before Carver looked at me.

"Your gay?" He asked without a look of disgust or irritation in his face.

"Yes, I think." I said shyly with a blush on my face before Carver laughed.

"Don't worry, we cool. My big brother is gay and is currently dating." He explained before I smiled at him.

"So do you know why he hurt you?" Carver asked before I thought for a moment before I shook my head.

"Never had time to ask before I ran away from him." I said before Carver frowned then he relaxed his body.

"Then how are you sure things aren't a misunderstanding? Relationships hurt but love prevails, if you want to say he hurt you much then ask him why he did it before you go wolf on him." Carver explained before I nodded.

Carver had a point, I might not be in good terms with Lucius but I had to find out why he actually did it. Did he do it for the money, for Evie or because of... Me?

I shook my head before I slapped my cheeks then looked at Carver who was observing how my fight inner self was going.

"Thanks Carver, I really needed that." I said making him pat my head before he stood on the concrete of the railing.

"White is so cute!!!!" He shouted on the roof making me blush in embarrassment before I stood up.

"What are you doing?"

"Shouting. It's a temporary relief and it walks effectively. Just shout out to the world whatever you want to say then you breathe and smile or smirk. Whichever." He instructed before I climbed alongside with him.

"Lucius is an idiot!!! I'm so happy to taste freedom!!!" I shouted before Carver laughed and came down. He helped me down making me feel timid with how small I felt in his hands.

"Your like my little cousin. Adorable when angry." He teased me as he pinched my cheeks making me hit his hand away.

"I'm not. I'm like a lion. Roarrr." I faked a growl that sounded more like a purr making Carver to smirk.

"Well more like a kitten." He teased again making me to laugh.

It was nice to have Carver as a friend and if he wasn't asexual, I would have totally fallen in love with him over time but for now I'm content.

"Doc is calling a meeting." Happy announced as all of us who had closed down the club for the day stopped our activities as we went into the lounge prepared for staffs.

Doc looked serious as he absentmindedly touched his chin while looking at some papers while all of us kept on sitting down one by one.

"The owner of the Lyon company is coming at us hard. We need to be prepared because we might have to send Happy and Lyric elsewhere." Doc said making everyone including me quiet.

"What do you mean?" Cairo asked as he frowned his face at the thought of being separated from his little brother and me.

"Child service came today with reports about how underaged children Lyric and Jamal are working in a host club and unfortunately the social service worker is a homophobe but thanks to my skills she's letting this slide for now." Doc explained making me to frown at the idea.

"Well that's solved, what else?" Lazy asked as he placed his head lazily on Bashful's laps.

"Braise yourself because we might receive a lot of attack from Mr Lyon until we give him Lyric. I'm sure Lyric doesn't want to go so that's why we have to struggle hard." Doc informed us before he gave me an assured look that he won't betray me.

"Is there any dark secret anyone is hiding so we can know what to do when Lyon sends you to jail?" Doc asked making everyone to keep as they waited for someone to talk.

"Your dismissed." Doc said as everyone scattered to their rooms.

Things were finally getting hard and my prayer was that no one would get hurt at all in anyway.

I heard a knock on the door and then Cairo entered with a calm expression before he sat down close to me.

"Are you scared?" He asked as I bit my lips before I nodded.

"Is it because you still love him or your worried about me?" He asked making me to look into his eyes.

"You know?" I asked and then he nodded before he rubbed his head.

"Your still young and I took advantage of your weakness and situation because I like you but you've been distracted all week." Cairo said before he touched my face gently as he pushed my hair behind my head.

"I have to talk to him and sort my feelings with him. I may have ran away from home but I never ran away from my feelings. I'm sorry if I hurt you by not loving you back and kissing you back." I apologized feeling horrible for everything I did with Cairo.

"You did nothing wrong. I'll be patient with you till you sort your feelings with Lucius Lyon. Goodnight." Cairo said before he kissed my forehead and then he left the room.

I won't let Lucius hurt them. I won't let him ruin Doc, Happy, Lazy, Dopey, Sneezy, Cairo and Bashful's lives. I won't ruin Doc's family since they've always protected me and now it was my turn.